• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

More Pat's Acre in Sept? Anyone?

As we all know about the go kart event at Pat's Acre two weeks ago. It went very well and we had a blast. We also noticed that some members didn't get to participate. So after all these times we still have the go kart urge to do it again in couple months. Since no one seems to mention (and i know that people would do it again) another event. I am proposing the event to be held in Sept. (Because maybe PA will have their new Karts for us by then). Can you guys/gals imagine faster karts on that track? Most of us can only watch from the sideline afterward when those guys with freaking fast kart attacking the track.... So here's a chance for us to drive a little faster in their new Karts.
Ananda did a wonderful job, so I would leave this to him if he choose to be generous to us again.
As far as cost to participate, I think it might be different so we would like Ananda to help us to find out.
If for any reasons Ananda can't committ then I volunteer to organize this event to my best ability (I will ask Ananda for help).

So please chime in on the possible dates... I think 2 months should be plenty to organize this.

Saturday Sept. 16, 2006!

Dan

1. NA1/2-R (Dan)
2. John@microsoft
3. Heather
4. Dave
5. Jonathan
6. Donn
7. Derek
8. George
9. Tol
10.Trung
11.Mike Ruete
12. Paul
13. Michael
14. Craig

That's Pat's new Karts!!

Attachments

• newkarts.jpg
    newkarts.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
John@Microsoft said:
2. John
3. Heather

woh, Heather is into go kart too?! she's well taught, John, more Kudos to you!!!:cool:

Dan, Ananda was in the mist of moving / getting himself to college when he was organizing the Pat Acres event for us. So he's doing a very good job despite there's some last minute scramble. He's probably getting busy for school right now, but if you guys decided to go, we should chip in and buy him couple free race just to show how much we appreciated.

Anyway, as much as we enjoyed the track, it's still a waste away. (Yeap, the 3 guys in the back of the mercedes had it, it's probably the worst ride I ever had from Portland to Seattle) Does anyone look into Spanaway?? I believed the track there is even better and it's much closer to all of us in Puget sound area. I'm just not sure if they have any rentals there.

Take one look in indoor kart tracks, and there're quite a few in WA and some of them are a little far but not as far as OR. Maybe we could keep some of the active members and friends together and made our own league and keeping points and such.

You all going to John's BBQ? if so, we should talk more and even making some announcement to lurk more people into this kart thing.

I am always up for a day at Pat's!

Put me on the list!

NSXDreamer2 said:
woh, Heather is into go kart too?! she's well taught, John, more Kudos to you!!!:cool:

Actually, at her request we all went out go-carting yesterday for her Birthday. She came in 3rd and I came in 4th, twice. :eek:

I don't care, that is just go-carts. We'll see how BMW goes on the 8th. :biggrin:

I don't know if anything else out there can compare to PA's track and NEW KARTS (combination of rush)
I am sure we can chip it and pay for Ananda's seat.
But I think it's better to stick with what's proven as far as PA's relationship with our group. Again, I would wait until they have new Karts... wouldn't everyone agree with me on that?
But other then that, we have been there and dealt with them which means less hassle in the future.
I agree that PA is a little too far, but at the end it's worth it. 3 dudes in the back of the Merc. is not cool... try to rent a van next time, more economical I bet.

1. NA1/2-R
2. John@microsoft
3. Heather
4. Dave
5....?
6....?

I ordered an Honda fit in oregon, and they're telling me the delivery date should be Sept. to Oct. If the car happen to show up near Sept. 17th. I will do the karting as well. But I'm not too sure if I wanna make two trips to oregon in the same month. :redface:

Too FAR???:eek: :confused:

What do you mean, Pat's is 45 minutes from my house!:biggrin:

Come on down!!

What a great idea!

I would love to give this track another run... However, I may have a scheduling conflict. I will be starting the MBA program around that time and I signed up to attend the U of Oregon Duck Football game and meet with the Alumni Association. I don't know what time the game will start but, I'll be about an hour and half away from Pats.

I would really like to be at Pats, but I'll have to give you a confirmation as soon as I get some more info on the football game.

Are you planning to run an endurance race or just run a few open practice sessions?

Dan, I can help you with this if you like.

Ferrand,

We can probably arrange a ride from Seattle to Pats in a bigger vehicle. If anything, if I happen to be in Seattle before the race weekend I can take you down in my Bronco and return you guys back home. I know the Bronco will be more comfortable.

We could use Heather's CRV, provided she still has it. You would have to endure her music most likely, but hey it's got plenty of room. I would have put TEIN's on it but unfotunately TEIN only has an application for the 06+ Element at this point. :biggrin:

I have an idea...
How about we all chip in and rent a 15 passenger van for the drive down?
Either way, I think renting a vehicle for this trip is most economical.

Last edited:
UPDATES!!!

So far this is what I've got:

There will be no corporate events allowed during the weekend of Sept. 16.
That means, 10-20? people will go there and rent the track as per session. The cession will be 12 min. for $20... I am thinking we can do 3 cessions each team (2 persons/team) but that could change if we have more participants. So one person would go out on a session and get their average lap times then the teamate would go out on a different session to get his/her average lap times. At the end we tally all the time slips and average each team's times to detertermine the winning team.

Last edited:
Regarding the Spanaway Kart Track - it is not open for rental karts. You have to belong to the club ($200.00/year) and you have to have your own kart. So, based on that cross Spanaway out. If you add up the cost of renting a van, the price of gas, the membership fee at Pat's, would it not make more since to just go to Sykart or Champs. Plus you don't have the 3-4 hour trip each way. Now if you have your own kart, then the drive is worth it because you only pay $40.00/day for the track.

If you guys are that happy about karting, maybe several of you should think about buying a kart. Yamaha KT100 (20hp+) could be found for under $2000.
Split that with 10 guys and you are paying $200 each for a kart that is a lot faster.

So $200 each (one time), $12.00 license (yearly), and $40.00 for track use (each day) - and you would have a lot more seat time.

Or let's just go all the way...

125cc shifter kart - 100mph+, 0-60 in under 4 seconds, over 2g's through a turn, and a speed addiction you'll never forget. That's why I bought one. You can get more seat time in a shifter kart in a couple of days than you could all year autocrossing.

Attachments

• shifter kart photo.jpg
    shifter kart photo.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 67
  • shifter kart photo #2.jpg
    shifter kart photo #2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 56
No doubt karts are the best bang for the buck... I remember an article in Popular Mechanics a while back comparing some kind of kart to a CHAMP Formula Car, and the statistics were very simular in the 0-60 times, cornering ability, etc.

But the CHAMP car had better straight away speed of course.

Once I get done with my MBA program and if I start making some better money then I will start looking into getting a kart. It will be the most economical to satisfy my speed addiction since I need a house first before I can think about buying another S2000 or NSX.

I know what you are trying to say Dean. Great point actually.
But I don't think Sykart or Champs can be near as fun as PA though. The track is where the fun is at. I still would like to do something local if we can come up with an event.
I am looking to have 20 people for this PA event...:biggrin:

NSX-D said:
Regarding the Spanaway Kart Track - it is not open for rental karts. You have to belong to the club ($200.00/year) and you have to have your own kart. So, based on that cross Spanaway out. If you add up the cost of renting a van, the price of gas, the membership fee at Pat's, would it not make more since to just go to Sykart or Champs. Plus you don't have the 3-4 hour trip each way. Now if you have your own kart, then the drive is worth it because you only pay $40.00/day for the track.

If you guys are that happy about karting, maybe several of you should think about buying a kart. Yamaha KT100 (20hp+) could be found for under $2000.
Split that with 10 guys and you are paying $200 each for a kart that is a lot faster.

So $200 each (one time), $12.00 license (yearly), and $40.00 for track use (each day) - and you would have a lot more seat time.

Or let's just go all the way...

125cc shifter kart - 100mph+, 0-60 in under 4 seconds, over 2g's through a turn, and a speed addiction you'll never forget. That's why I bought one. You can get more seat time in a shifter kart in a couple of days than you could all year autocrossing.

Alright people!!!
Next Saturday is Pat's Acres' Day
Please give some feedbacks on your comfirmation. Currently we have 14 +-2people and counting. That's actually perfect size group.
Please reply to confirm your intention.

We are looking to be there around 1130 ish so plan your trip accordingly.
My cell is 206-229-2239 if you'd like to call in to confirm with me.

PA here we come again.
There will be trophies for the winners. I will collect donations to purchase the trophies if everyone is up for it.

There will be 2 persons team, so only one person in the team will go out at a time. I am thinking we are doing 6 (12 min.) sessions so each driver gets 3 sessions.
Teams will be sorted out at the track (2-person team is easy to organize)

So here is the break down on the time calculations:

I figured we use each driver's top-5 lap times and average it out with the partner's top-5. This will make it fair for those that accidentally spun out.

Get ready for fun times guys and gals

Dan

huh? you guys not penalized people spinning out?? It's no racing then..... Should just go for the overall time or position for winner and runners up, and then special honor to the best lap timer.

I'm not going to be there, so my words supposed to be fair ;)

NA1/2-R said:
I know what you are trying to say Dean. Great point actually.
But I don't think Sykart or Champs can be near as fun as PA though. The track is where the fun is at. I still would like to do something local if we can come up with an event.
I am looking to have 20 people for this PA event...:biggrin:
By the way, Dean mean by renting a real kart and have several drivers to share it. Not the "indoor" kart track. it's do-able, but you have to weight in that you have to somehow invest a trailer/ or pick up truck/ junk mini van to haul the kart and parts and don't forget we only had 5 dry months at most. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think the kart track open in winter or rain days)

Champs Kart is one of the worst karting experience I ever had, (Kart is heavy, track time is short but expensive,) and that's why I had never mentioned holding an event there.

well, I know at least 4 people and I will go.
We are looking to leave seattle area around 6-630 am and start racing around 1100 once we gathered there.
John, your phone number is not working...???

Dan

I am in down here, Morgan Peetz and I are planning on making a day of it, both of us plan on bringing our karts too...

Let us know if it is on...

Back