• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Most annoying commercials

Newest most annoying commercial in my books. The one from Verizon for its Family Share plan with the family at the mall figuring who's going to call whom for half the commerial before they realize that they don't own cell phones. Why does Madison Avenue like to portray its fellow citizens like morons ? does anyone really finds this stuff funny ? :confused:

apapada said:
Newest most annoying commercial in my books. The one from Verizon for its Family Share plan with the family at the mall figuring who's going to call whom for half the commerial before they realize that they don't own cell phones.

That's right up there with the one where the father is left standing there like some kind of pathetic loser while the family rush off to call OTHER people.

lemansnsx said:
That's right up there with the one where the father is left standing there like some kind of pathetic loser while the family rush off to call OTHER people.

yep, that one with the "group hug" where poor dad is left hanging. I think it's for the same product (Verizon Family Share Phone Plan) and most surely from the same idiots who came up with the later one I described. :mad:

apapada said:
yep, that one with the "group hug" where poor dad is left hanging. I think it's for the same product (Verizon Family Share Phone Plan) and most surely from the same idiots who came up with the later one I described. :mad:

Yup. I forgot about the group hug part. Oh, and while we're ragging on Verizon - anyone else think it is high time they retired good old voice-of-Darth-Vader as being perhaps the most over-exposed voice in history? I like the guy, heck, I even like some of the commercials (did I really say that?) but, come on, give someone else a chance already!!

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

hmmm... Six Flags Fiesta Texas has been airing a commercial here starring a dancer made up and dressed up like an eighty year old. He slowly steps off the Six Flags bus, walks painfully down the sidewalk, hears the music, dances, and takes everyone on the street to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It's Six Flags' new national ad campaign called "Dancing Octogenarian." The song played in those commercials is a 90's dance song called "We Like to Party" by Vengaboys. (I got this info. from a few net forums... This commercial makes me feel nauseous whenever it comes on the 'tube. . . :eek: )

Six Flags Ad Campaign

Wahsintong Times article

Attachments

• sixflags_surprise.jpg
    sixflags_surprise.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Sixflags.jpg
    Sixflags.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 216
  • sixPass.jpg
    sixPass.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 241
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm... Six Flags Fiesta Texas has been airing a commercial here starring a dancer made up and dressed up like an eighty year old.

Same one runs here for Six Flags Great Adventure.

Back