• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Most HP known from a blower?

Whats the most power People are making with a supercharger at the crank ? ( or at the wheels if you only have that figure )

Does any body have a blown 3.6- 3.8 motor ? Thnaks

Re: Most HP KNOWN FROM A BLOWER ?

The highest Ive ever read for the CT supercharges was high 400 rwhp and the highest Ive ever read of for the BBSC was high 500 rwhp...

Although in my humble opinion NSX's are so light at 2900-3100 pounds that even 400 rwhp flat makes for a very fast ride....

Hell some have ran 12.9's at 108 with only 260 rwhp

I imagine we may start seeing larger numbers for the superchargers due to the new SOS kit. So that should be pretty interesting. Eventually, people may even start experimenting with smaller pulleys with that kit. But I agree, 400 whp, is still pretty impressive.

I imagine we may start seeing larger numbers for the superchargers due to the new SOS kit. So that should be pretty interesting. Eventually, people may even start experimenting with smaller pulleys with that kit. But I agree, 400 whp, is still pretty impressive.

Yeah i just saw the sos kit.

I had to sell my NSX, i been without a NSX for over a year now and i am starting to go through withdraws :biggrin: I am close to being able to get another NSX. I am going to pump some power into this one !

As high as you want. The Lysholm blowers, whether 1.6, 2.1, 2.4 or more, can produce HUGE amounts of boost. The only limiting factor is you engine, and the fact that the latter ones are a little more efficient, and produce boost a little quicker.

Seriously, domestics run the 1.6 at 12-16ps+ all day long. If the engine and tuning can handle it, then you can use it.

I've been talking to Shad @ DA and he's telling me that he can make 450RWHP with the 1.6 Whipple and with the Autorotor, he can be a little more efficient and a little better IATs.

In other words, if you can get a good deal on a 1.6, and saving 2,3,4K is worth it, put it in the engine instead, or in your pocket b/c you can still acheive your goals if they are under 500RWHP.

The only time I'd say where that might not be the wisests is if you're beating the crap out of the car on the track in california desert and 110F+ ambient temperature. Then yah, you might want to do a 2.1+ and a intercooler.

With that said, there's nothign wrong with the others, but it requires TUNING. The 1.6 is perfect stock, the 2.1 is pretty darn good, and the 2.4, well, without tuning, your'e taking some risks.

Hopefuly that answers your question. All of them are very good, they all can make 400, 450+ and more. The domestics are making much more with more boost.

Good luck!

As high as you want. The Lysholm blowers, whether 1.6, 2.1, 2.4 or more, can produce HUGE amounts of boost. The only limiting factor is you engine, and the fact that the latter ones are a little more efficient, and produce boost a little quicker.

Seriously, domestics run the 1.6 at 12-16ps+ all day long. If the engine and tuning can handle it, then you can use it.

I've been talking to Shad @ DA and he's telling me that he can make 450RWHP with the 1.6 Whipple and with the Autorotor, he can be a little more efficient and a little better IATs.

In other words, if you can get a good deal on a 1.6, and saving 2,3,4K is worth it, put it in the engine instead, or in your pocket b/c you can still acheive your goals if they are under 500RWHP.

The only time I'd say where that might not be the wisests is if you're beating the crap out of the car on the track in california desert and 110F+ ambient temperature. Then yah, you might want to do a 2.1+ and a intercooler.

With that said, there's nothign wrong with the others, but it requires TUNING. The 1.6 is perfect stock, the 2.1 is pretty darn good, and the 2.4, well, without tuning, your'e taking some risks.

Hopefuly that answers your question. All of them are very good, they all can make 400, 450+ and more. The domestics are making much more with more boost.

Good luck!

Thanks, It will all come down to.... what it always comes down to "Money"
I will have to see how much money i will have to spend, The problem with buliding the motor for serious power. ( if i had it my way i would want about 600-650 at the crank ) . Is then you have to do the clutch, trany, drive shaft, diff, and so on.. $$$

Then again to get 600-650( Crank ), i may have to use a turbo.

Last edited:

Not all cars brother....

I had two vipers and they were add boost and go..

Vipers can handle 800 rwhp on the stock clutch..stock trannie..stock fuel system ect. And they can run that number on pump gas...

As much as I hate to say it we are SEVERELY handicapped with our little 3.0 or 3.2 litre engines when comparing to domestics..

3.0 or 3.2 engines are right around 300 HP..And the trannie ect all supporting elements were desighned with 300HP safety in mind..So maybe you can squeeze out 400-500 rwhp trouble free...

But in all honesty ..with domestics ( vettes/Vipers/FGT) 400-500 rwhp are the stock numbers...Hell the new 2008 Vipers are dynoing 550 rwhp off the show room floor...

The nsx has been a real challange for me so far..But Ill get decent numbers out of her

Devin had 526 to the wheels here using a BBSC.
I can't remember if that was the highest he hit with that setup.

sounds like a nice setup, I can't wait to get another NSX:biggrin:

Shad at DA hit over 550 RWHP with Kip's 3.5 L and a 2.3L Whipple blower. It was scary fast IMO...

I have a 3.2 with the 2.3L Whipple with 520 At the Flywheel but im thinking of selling this blower and going to there 2.9L.

Nice......Are you running a low compression motor ?

With your current setup besides the clutch, did you chage anything else in the drivetrain ?

Last edited:
Shad at DA hit over 550 RWHP with Kip's 3.5 L and a 2.3L Whipple blower. It was scary fast IMO...

Thats right about perfect power i will be looking for 550 at the wheels
to bad to have that kinda power in a NSX is $$$$$$,

we are at such a disadvantage.... " there's no replacement for displacement ''

Thats right about perfect power i will be looking for 550 at the wheels
to bad to have that kinda power in a NSX is $$$$$$,

we are at such a disadvantage.... " there's no replacement for displacement ''

yes but on the other side of the coin a 3000 pound 400 rwhp nsx with the 4.06 rear end and 8000 rpm redline will be just as fast as a 3400 pound viper with 470 rwhp and a 6000 rpm redline and 3.07 rear end...Or a 440 rwhp C6Z06 with it's 3200 pound weight and 7000 rpm redline and 3.42 gears...

NSX's can do a lot with a little....So 500 rwhp on an nsx outta be good for 130 mph trapps

yes but on the other side of the coin a 3000 pound 400 rwhp nsx with the 4.06 rear end and 8000 rpm redline will be just as fast as a 3400 pound viper with 470 rwhp and a 6000 rpm redline and 3.07 rear end...Or a 440 rwhp C6Z06 with it's 3200 pound weight and 7000 rpm redline and 3.42 gears...

NSX's can do a lot with a little....So 500 rwhp on an nsx outta be good for 130 mph trapps

Yes, just one of many reasons why the NSX is my favorite car !!

I have a friend that is capable of buliding me a N/A nsx motor well over 400 crank hp.( no bullshit ) I would rather have N/A anyday. But you can't make that kind of power with a 3.8L motor without having to tear it down, to keep it running.
To get the power i want, and drive it everyday, i will have to go FI.

Back