• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Most popular size turbo for FI?

I've heard "62-1" is the most common turbo used in single turbo applications for v6 or I6 for around 350-550 whp? Can some one school me on this? Also heard that Precision turbo is one of the best company compared to the like of Turbonetics? My goal is 475-525 whp.

Well I don't think there is a "most common", as every car, and owner have different flow characteristics, and different goals. It all depends on what sacrifices you are willing to make. Lag/spool/powerband/peak hp goal/efficiency, etc. Precision Turbos(PTE)are very good, and are definately very durable. comparably to the others. We have used them all, and this company and its products, are above par. It's probably best to talk to one of the reps. at PTE about what you have, and what you want. They will help you size your turbo. There are many different specs to every turbo, and they need to be right to get what you want out of your car. But its probably best to buy from one of their dealers(Me:) ).. as their price will be higher if you buy direct. And for your goal HP, you are planning on a motor build right?

I'll pm you very much so for pricing :) . The stock motor can live with 350-400 supercharged or turbo'd. My general goal is to be in the 11.3-11.8 @ 130-123mph range. I use what I can and the best comparison is the 500hp C6 z06 wieghts in at around the same or more 3200+- and nets 420whp average, 11.4-12.0. I would like to compete with this general group. I have 38k racked up and everything is emaculate. RPS clutch to be purchased soon. AEM EMS is also going to be purchased soon.

i run a turbonetics 62-1, stage V, w/ a .58 AR unforchanatly i cant tell you how well it works right now but it does show promise.....

Back