• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motor assembly module

I have a 2000 and am finely getting around to fixing all the little things I have put off. I just finished replacing the ignition switch after cleaning the original one too many times. I also had a split in my front bumper plastic welded and painted. Now I am on to fixing the heater/AC system. One or two times a year I use the heat in the car. The heater works fine. When I set the controls back to AC, the heat stays on until I manually move the control valve back to off. It appears to be the motor assembly module part # 79150-SL0-A01. Of course the part is on back order here in the states and in Japan as well. Has anyone opened up the module or repaired one? Could it also be the Temp. Motor Assembly Air Mix part # 79160-SL0-A01? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. When this is fixed I am on to replacing the ignition cutoff button on the clutch assembly. Thanks. Jerry

I believe it is the air mix control motor that operates the heater cable, not the other one.

If the CCU functional test does not identify a problem, there is a test procedure in the service manual (pg 22-57) for testing the air mix control motor. You should be able to see the cable mechanism move during the test. If you don't get movement, pull the motor off and check for jams in the damper mechanism. With the motor removed, power it up as per the test procedure and listen to determine if there is any noise from inside.

Its been a while since I was poking around under there; but, I seem to recall that the some of the HVAC control drives looked like my 2003 Pilot so as Drew suggests, you might be able to substitute or salvage parts from a Pilot, Odyssey or MDX.

Back