• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motor Trend NSX article

Doc C said:
Um....by the way. The NSX mentioned in that last post was going uphill with a 75mph headwind and was pulling a 5th wheel camping trailer. That's why it took 5.7 seconds to get 0-60!!!! :smile: What kind of crack is the author of that article smoking????
I think those numbers are from the NA1 NSX's.

I like it. I hope I am still able to get in and out of the car by the time it is available. I can't see it being available at the end of '06. Maybe '07 though.

Re: (2) S2K motors, mmm!

rickysals said:
don't forget,

Honda doesn't just supercharge an existing engine and throw it in a new body and call it a supercar (a.la. Ford GT)

And this is bad because...? By your logic, do all Mercedes AMG models and the McLaren SLR have some type of shortcoming because they are supercharged versions of existing engines?

I suppose Honda's approach to supercars is better - keep trying to sell the exact same car for 15 years and then take 3 more years to bring a new model to the market.

I don't get your point about the Ford GT. It is a heavily developed engine in a brand-new mid-engine chassis with a new beautiful body. The US and international auto press have all praised the car and it has the on-track performance numbers to prove that it is a legit supercar (whereas the NSX does not have the performance numbers to be classified as a modern supercar). Unlike the NSX, which sold in dribbles over the past few years, proped up with a heavily subsidized lease, the GT has sold out its production run and street prices are some $50k or more over MSRP.

Bashing cars like the Ford GT, Z06 and F430 won't make the NSX any better of a car, nor justify why Honda let it rot on the vine a good 7 or 8 years past the point it should have been revamped/replaced with a new, ground-up design.

FuryNSX said:
While I really like the above "interpretation" of a NSX successor, moreso than the HSC itself, I wouldn't get to worked up over a magazine conceptual drawing, unless it's been officially signed off by Honda. Those magazine drawings always pull ideas from contemporary vehicles to fill in the "blanks".

For example, I remember seeing this "drawing" of a possible Honda truck back in late 2001, and we all know what become of this idea. :rolleyes:

attachment.php

I don't know, seems to me that they got pretty close ;)

Honda%20Ridgeline.jpg

jonathan

Doc C said:
Couldn't the hood vents help with cooling the radiator?? I thought the similar vents on the Ford GT were there for that purpose. Not sure if this is correct, just speculation. Take care. :smile:

Yeah but look at them..if that's where the rad is (below those vents) then where is the air to cool the rad going in? the front vents aren'tin the center...the intake I guess would have to be just under the front bumper if it was actually functional...I don't know..just looks kinda weird.

I thought maybe the heat would simply rise out of the vents and also be drawn out by the airflow over the top of the vents by a vacuum effect. I agree with you, however, that they don't look the greatest. There are several on here that have put hoods on their NSXs that look somewhat similar. I've not really hated or loved that look. I would vote for a smoother look, unless there was some absolutely necessary function of the huge vents. Less is more IMO. Take care. :smile:

I already warned my wife that if the new NSX looks good, I may have to sell the '01 and buy a new one. She didn't throw anything at me, I thought that was a good sign.....

Cairo94507 said:
I already warned my wife that if the new NSX looks good, I may have to sell the '01 and buy a new one. She didn't throw anything at me, I thought that was a good sign.....

She can drive the Prius, cain't she? So, what's her problem then?

Hey, peeps!
Yeh Im new here and although I dont own an NSX as of now, I do plan on having one in the near future. And I know this is a NSX board, and the fact that I dont own one means I dont fit in here, but please let me stay! LOL

I stumbled accross this board, searching for news about the next NSX. And what better place to find info and facts on the NSX, then a community for NSX owners! And when I heard that the new powerplant was going to be a V10. I was having severe nose-bleeds! LOL.... So I had to find a forum to talk about the NSX and also find info on it.

Well enough of my intro. I wanted to talk about this.

MAJOR STONER said:
Like BMWs 5.0-liter V10 which was supposedly derived from Formula One technology, the new V10 will draw from BAR-Hondas experience in the worlds most elite racing series. The new V10s size and power will be less than the M5/M6 powerplant, however, with predictions of a 4.0-liter engine featuring up to 450-horsepower.

Of course, the latest version of Hondas VTEC variable valve timing system will be an essential component to allow the engine to achieve the sky-high redline expected. Outside of motor sports, Honda has plenty of experience building high-revving engines. From its S2000 roadster to any number of performance-oriented motorcycles, Japans number three brand is world renowned for engine leadership.

Considering that Honda is developing a V10 and that they may as well be developing a V8 in the near future, I was having a fun time trying to think of its displacement and power.

Now bear with me.
Seeing as Honda has a 3.5 litre V6 in the Legend/RL and its output is 300hp, this leads me to believe that if and when Honda come out with a V8 its displacement and power shall be in this vacinity, 4.0-4.5 litres and around 400-450hp. I say this because of that article. I find it hard to believe that if Honda are going to make a V10 as well as a V8 (heres hoping), why would the V10 have a displacement of 4 litres? If the V8 does come to fruition, then Im guessing that it would be in a 4.0-4.5 litre category. So when the article above states that the V10 will be 4.0 litres, I highly doubt that, if and when the V8 engine does come out, thus this leads me to believe that the V10 will have a displacement of 5.0-5.5 litres.

I just wanted to get this out and see what you guys think?
Am I smoking too much??

So, as it goes. 3.5l V6 (Legend/RL) >>> V8 4.0-4.5l (400+ HP) >>> V10 5.0-5.5l (500+ HP)

Thats all for now.

Nice community!

Cheers!

smap said:
Hey, peeps!
Yeh Im new here and although I dont own an NSX as of now, I do plan on having one in the near future. And I know this is a NSX board, and the fact that I dont own one means I dont fit in here, but please let me stay! LOL

I stumbled accross this board, searching for news about the next NSX. And what better place to find info and facts on the NSX, then a community for NSX owners! And when I heard that the new powerplant was going to be a V10. I was having severe nose-bleeds! LOL.... So I had to find a forum to talk about the NSX and also find info on it...
Welcome!! A lot of us joined this board before we found our first NSX. You've definitely come to the right place.

We've got several die-hard NSX lovers in Australia, one of whom is NeoNSX, who will be coming to the US for his first NSXPO in October this year.

Enjoy and good luck with your search!

Cairo94507 said:

That is a good sign, mind having your wife talk to mine. :biggrin:

Back