• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving from Indy to Greenville, SC: Looking for mechanic

They sent me a text friday and said it would be done today. I told them no hurry, take your time. They said they didn't have any issues. Shop in Anderson was new and very clean. They didn't look too busy. I hope the work matches the show. I told them I was very picky and wanted everything put back just as it left the factory. I would think the belt service is pretty routine, unlike your issue. They probably haven't seen very many NSX motors making noise. He very well may need some time to do his own research. I will post when I get it back. Good luck, keep us informed, curious as to what the noise is. I think those sticking LMA's may make some noise.

Picked up my car from HALT today in Anderson, SC. Seems like they did a very nice job. Everything seems to be in place, clean, and they put all the used parts in a box like I asked. No complaints, car runs great. Too bad it rained on the way home and ruined the complimentary car wash they threw in.

These are some pictures of the original water pump, belts and stuff. They only had 23k miles but are 20 years old. Look and feel new. I just couldn't be comfortable revving the motor knowing the belts were 20 years old. I had them flush the brake system, including the ABS, new coolant, new valve cover gaskets, and adjust the valves. $2100 out the door. Seemed fair enough. For some reason I feel a little guilty about not doing it myself. Maybe next time.

20170808_182802.jpg20170808_182748.jpg20170808_182722.jpg20170808_182728.jpg

Back