• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving my Where is Barn Man alert....?

I have recieved maybe one other of these so it's not a recurring issue for me. With that said it seems like this thread - although you believe it pertains to some region - which in my opinion it may or may not but it is burried somewhere it will get little to no attention.

There are several here that know Barney, and have worked with Barney, know his reputation and maybe concerned - like Larry Bastanza - and he will never ever look in the Souteast region.

I'm trying to reach as many folks as I can about this issue. That's why I posted it on probably the most looked at section on Prime - not some local area site. This is of concern to many prospective new owners -good mechanics are hard to find. There just aren't enough to go around. So why worry about a little inquiry like this that either will get a reply and soon be forgotten or it will be forgotten anyway.

Now where you've put it, it will not be seen by hardly anyone. This is not doing a service for Prime - in my opinion - it is doing a disservice and basically burrying this issue to obscurity and for what reason - it makes just as much sense to put it where I put it as it does in the Southeast region where no one will see it AND we may never know what has happened to Barney.

Not a good choice by the modrators in my opinion.

Now, otherwise, you know I love this forum. I participate as much as many do or more. I regard all our members highly and with respect. Thanks for all you do. I just believe in this case you've negatted the entire reason for the post. Thanks for you consideration.

Tim

I moved it to where I believe it belongs and where I think it is most likely to get the best response (which is not the same thing as the most views). How about giving it a chance there before decrying the move as a disservice?

Fair enough. I understand but I hope that if it gets no attention there as is my suspicion then will you be amiable to moving it back? How long should we give it?

Hey Moderator,

Sorry for all my intensity on the Barn Man thing. I got a reply from on of our primers that contacted Barney and gave me his phone number. So I at least have that now. I still don't know why he hasn't contacted me thru the emails I've sent - but I'm sure there is some reason. I have left him a message on his phone. Thanks for what you guys do.

Tim

Hey Moderator,

Sorry for all my intensity on the Barn Man thing. I got a reply from on of our primers that contacted Barney and gave me his phone number. So I at least have that now. I still don't know why he hasn't contacted me thru the emails I've sent - but I'm sure there is some reason. I have left him a message on his phone. Thanks for what you guys do.

Tim

Anyway you could pm me that number? My phone screwed up and I lost my conacts. Thanks!!

Back