• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving to Scottsdale!

Hey everyone... Well after 2 years of contemplating this and spending so much time out there working i've decided to move to Arizona, specifically the Scottsdale area. I absolutely just love it there and the heat doesn't bother me at all, the hotter the better I say!

Im looking in north scottsdale around the Kierland area which is where my company just built a new office last year. I may have to rent for a short while before I can buy another house but im finding it hard to find places with garages to keep my NSX safe. I would really appreciate any info on housing in this area. Im interested in the following property but have no clue if the price is appropriate. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
http://20002.arizona.remax.com/listings/listingdetail_r4.aspx?LID=20783999

Anyway... hope to meet up with some fellow Arizona NSXer's in the near future.

-Joseph

Glad to hear the news!! It will be great to have another AZ NSXer around, especially for the drives, meets, etc. Unfortunately I can't be of much help on the housing side unless you change your mind and decide to move down to Tucson:tongue:. Hopefully one of the PHX area guys can help you out. Brian (blackcat) knows the housing market around town pretty well as he has bough many, many homes in the area and has some rentals too.

When are you planning on moving down then? Looking forward to seeing you down in AZ!

Hopefully within the next month. If anyone has rental property in/around Scottsdale and needs a tenant, please PM me.

Is Brian (Blackcat) a realtor or investor? I will need a realtor soon and would like someone trustworthy.

Brian is an investor but has a friend that he uses for all of his investment properties. I don't know if he has any homes available for rent now, but it might be worth checking with him. Although, to the best of my knowledge there aren't any in the Scottsdale area, but I could be wrong.

Maybe you'll be down in time for our Devil's Highway Drive then.

Welcome Joseph!

You might want to try realtor.com to see MLS listings of what is available in the area you're looking at. You should also definitely check out Desert Ridge, which is about 4 miles north of the place you listed. The price also seems in-line with that specific area (depending on upgrades and what not). I'll be happy to help you with any questions area related... you'd be better off talking to a realtor about pricing stuff.

Hope you have a smooth and safe move!

BTW, I'll drive-by and checkout that house if you'd like, it's right by my work. Remember though, if the house is really good, it won't stay on the market too long. I know things have slowed, but nice houses still sell fast!!

Erin-Michael

Welcome! Definitely check with Blackcat for the info on the market. I know Tucson pretty well, but not Phoenix. If you are here within the next month, hopefully you can join us on the Devil's Highway drive. It should be an awesome drive. Look forward to meeting you soon!

redshift said:
BTW, I'll drive-by and checkout that house if you'd like, it's right by my work. Remember though, if the house is really good, it won't stay on the market too long. I know things have slowed, but nice houses still sell fast!!Erin-Michael

Thanks for the offer. It sold. it was the listing agent's house too!

Anyway I would love to join you guys on the drive but im supposed to leave for vacation on sunday the 23rd to Cancun Mexico! With the move and vacation I doubt i'll get to. Next time definately!

I live in Chandler. I also have a friend who is a realtor, he is the #4 Realty Executives agent in the world (not an exaggeration). Let me know if you want his info.

Hi Joseph,
As you know, the real estate values have skyrocketed here in the past two years. I'm not an expert, but that price is probably in the ballpark. As an option, take a look at the one for sale in my neighborhood, it's right on the golfcourse and right near old town Scottsdale. In my opinion, this is the best part of the phoenix metro area to live. The house is listed by the Romero Team...I think their website is theromeroteam.com, but if you can't find it, I'll take another look at the sign. It's listed at 400K but the highest paid in the neighborhood is around 310 or 315, so I think you could get it for much less.
I'm the past president of our HOA, so I know a lot about the neighborhood....besides it would be great to have an NSX owner as a neighbor. Good Luck Mark Mocciaro (602) 540-4321

Thanks everyone for all the support and info. I looked at a few places this past weekend. Yes.. things have gotten expensive. I'll be sure to contact the references once I get the job transfer firmed up... within next 30 days probably.

Oh... and once i get moved... I'll host an NSX meet/BBQ for everyone to show my thanks!! You guys are great :smile:

-Joseph

Lots of deals out there... I have a preconstruction deal for you.... 3100 sq ft brand new in Anthem... Won't be ready for 3-4 months though.... 60k in upgrades too... Will give you a great deal too!!!

Hey... its been good. ive been out every weekend since we spoke and found a few good deals. The problem is my job transfer is taking longer than expected. first they said 9 months! Yikes! :mad: now we're down to about 6 but im still grinding away to get it sooner. I've now started to talk to headhunters in Phoenix, my plan B. My goal is to be living and working there (rent or own) by 9/1. I'll may be out this Saturday and again all next weekend. If i drive out i'll post it and maybe we have a little meet-up?

If anyone is looking for a Network Architect/Engineer with 18+ years experience, PM me for my resume. :wink:

UPDATE! Moving to Scottsdale!

Whew! What a tough couple months since I started this thread. Since then I have spent almost every weekend in Arizona house/job hunting. Finally, last night I accepted an offer for employment with a great internet company in Scottsdale www.godaddy.com. It seems like a great place to work and the people are cool too. Also, last weekend I found a nice modest home in Gilbert (Warner/Gilbert rd) to lease for the next 6 months until my house in California is sold http://www.dilbeck.com/z_search_pages/home_search/home_profile.cfm?mln=A605792&kind=quick

So... today I turned in my resignation (last day is 9/8) and this weekend I will be packing up my things and FINALLY MOVING! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I rented a "drive on" type flat trailer to tow the NSX. Anyone ever done this? Is it safe?

I don't have much to move so the transition should be easy. See all you PHX NSX'ers soon! :cool:

Re: UPDATE! Moving to Scottsdale!

JOPRIMO said:
Whew! What a tough couple months since I started this thread. Since then I have spent almost every weekend in Arizona house/job hunting. Finally, last night I accepted an offer for employment with a great internet company in Scottsdale www.godaddy.com. It seems like a great place to work and the people are cool too. Also, last weekend I found a nice modest home in Gilbert (Warner/Gilbert rd) to lease for the next 6 months until my house in California is sold http://www.dilbeck.com/z_search_pages/home_search/home_profile.cfm?mln=A605792&kind=quick

So... today I turned in my resignation (last day is 9/8) and this weekend I will be packing up my things and FINALLY MOVING! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I rented a "drive on" type flat trailer to tow the NSX. Anyone ever done this? Is it safe?

I don't have much to move so the transition should be easy. See all you PHX NSX'ers soon! :cool:

Awesome! :) Sorry my network guys were dragging their tails getting back in touch with you, but I've heard great things from friends that work at godaddy.

I would imagine you'd be fine with the trailer.. make sure to check the tire pressure on the trailer and keep an eye in the rear-view mirrors. ;) Also, you may want to tape up some surfaces here and there to prevent rock chips thrown by the towing vehicle.

Awesome Joe! Congrats on the move, we look forward to seeing you here!!! :biggrin:

I wish I would have known that you were considering renting in Gilbert... I would have cut you a great deal on a rental home I have in Chandler/South Tempe. Either way, that is great that you're finally making it out here and working for a great company. We'll HAVE to have an NSX celebration once you get the opportunity!!

Well ok ... Cave Creek then!

Ok so its not Scottsdale but its close. :biggrin:

After living here since September and looking for a nice place to buy for the last few months, I finally found a great place. Here is a link to the realtor's ad http://360.modernpicture.com/4634/

Papers are signed and I move in this weekend!

P.S. Look at that Garage!

Re: Well ok ... Cave Creek then!

Looks great! What part of town? When's the housewarming party? :D

Edit: totally missed the 'Cave Creek' part... been to a few nice restaurants up there.... one tapas-style place I can't remember the name of, but it's in a group of other restaurants and stores in a villa-like setting.

Last edited:
Hey Joe,

Did you move up here to Scottsdale yet? I was looking for you at the "search for the next go-daddy girl" event... my wife was a contender. :biggrin:
Hi Erin... yeah but its Cave Creek (Dove Valley Ranch) though. Couldn't afford Scottsdale :frown:

Yeah i missed the event because of other priorities IYKWIM :eek: But I would have rooted for her! Post a pic of her in the Godaddy shirt!

What about this one? She's a Snottsdale *cough* Scottsdale native!

Attachments

• HaciendaGDGirl2_9a.jpg
    HaciendaGDGirl2_9a.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 91
Post a pic of her in the Godaddy shirt!
Will do... just have to acquire them from my broken camera.

What about this one? She's a Snottsdale *cough* Scottsdale native!
Hey, that's not fair! You're not allowed to pick on S(n)cottsdale... I know you like it here as evidence from your first post in this thread!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: Besides, isn't Cave Creek within Scottsdale city limits? I like it up there in CC, very Arizona... as a matter of fact, I had lunch at the Satisfied Frog and dinner at the Horny Toad last weekend.

FWIW, that girl that won (which you posted a pic of) was right in front of my wife in line. :smile:

Back