• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving to Utah

Hey all,
I am relocating to Utah towards the end of July and I was just wondering how the roads are there for NSX driving. Do I need to be concerned about small rocks, potholes, and uneven streets? Also how is the Acura dealership there? Any infor would be helpful. Thanks

so far i have only met two other nsx owners here in utah, not in person but online. if your moving to salt lake county/salt lake city, the roads are horrible! alot of rough graded roads steep driveways and hills and dont even think about eating at a decent diner or sit down place. i just moved here about 5 weeks ago.

HotWls said:
Hey all,
I am relocating to Utah towards the end of July and I was just wondering how the roads are there for NSX driving. Do I need to be concerned about small rocks, potholes, and uneven streets? Also how is the Acura dealership there? Any infor would be helpful. Thanks

The roads here aren't that bad. It can snow here pretty heavy in the winter and they do salt the roads, so they're not perfect. I have had several low cars in my day and haven't had any issues. There are 2 Acura dealerships in the SLC area. I have purchased 2 cars from one of them and 1 from the other and had good experiences all 3 times.

There is a "cruise night" circuit that meets several times per week throughout the valley that can be alot of fun to attend (www.jchackett.com). The cars that attend are mostly hot rods and the like, but NSX's seems to draw alot of attention when they show up. Last week myself and NSX24 attended one and had a good time.

After reading several of btcog82's posts, it appears that he doesn't have anything decent to say about Utah (or anything else for that matter). I happen to like it here and think it's a nice place to live.

Hopefully when you get here we can get a group of NSX's together and go for a cruise up one of the many canyon's we have around here.

By the way, what part of Utah are you locating to?

XperiMental said:
The roads here aren't that bad. It can snow here pretty heavy in the winter and they do salt the roads, so they're not perfect. I have had several low cars in my day and haven't had any issues. There are 2 Acura dealerships in the SLC area. I have purchased 2 cars from one of them and 1 from the other and had good experiences all 3 times.

There is a "cruise night" circuit that meets several times per week throughout the valley that can be alot of fun to attend (www.jchackett.com). The cars that attend are mostly hot rods and the like, but NSX's seems to draw alot of attention when they show up. Last week myself and NSX24 attended one and had a good time.

After reading several of btcog82's posts, it appears that he doesn't have anything decent to say about Utah (or anything else for that matter). I happen to like it here and think it's a nice place to live.

Hopefully when you get here we can get a group of NSX's together and go for a cruise up one of the many canyon's we have around here.

By the way, what part of Utah are you locating to?

I am moving to Salt Lake City and I am not sure where we will be purchasing a home. It would be great to get together with more NSX'rs and car guys. I thought I would have to drive to Las Vegas to participate in any of the events. Some local involvement will be great and welcomed.

Thanks for the opinions about the dealerships, I am a perfectionist when it comes to my NSX and since I cant drive it in the winter we are looking into a 3rd car.

I'd be interested in meeting up with you guys to check things out. Work will be sending me to SLC on a monthly basis. There's a good chance I might be in town from the 10th to the 14th of July.

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
I'd be interested in meeting up with you guys to check things out. Work will be sending me to SLC on a monthly basis. There's a good chance I might be in town from the 10th to the 14th of July.

-Randy

That would be great but unfortunately I wont be in Utah until the 24th. I sort of have to take my wife on vacation from the 13th to the 23rd. It was part of the deal when I got the NSX.:biggrin:

HotWls said:
That would be great but unfortunately I wont be in Utah until the 24th. I sort of have to take my wife on vacation from the 13th to the 23rd. It was part of the deal when I got the NSX.:biggrin:
No worries. Work will be sending me out to SLC again shortly after that.

XperiMental said:

I don't know this guy from adam's apple...?!?!:mad: Who the heck are you to be judging me? I'm actually a lil' pissed after reading this

Utah as a place to live is beautiful and gorgeous, but the roads from Draper and everything between Bountiful SUCK! Thats a fact Jack!
If ya' don't believe me cruise a couple mall parking lots(Fashion Place, off State street, Gateway mall downtown SLC, the parking garage...yikes:eek: steep!, and many others) Every vehicle you see as low as the nsx or has a body kit AT FACTORY HEIGHT, the lower half of their bumper is missing.

Maybe you sir keep your NSX garage queened, I like to drive mine anywhere and everywhere. And maybe you should get to know someone before you strum your fingers on the keys of a keybaord.

Oh and Utah doesn't even have lines on half their roads, North temple by the airport I think is 4 lanes because there are no lines you cant tell you just see people driving all over the road.

I would love to get up with some fellow NSX'rs in Utah, and they have actually PM'ed me, thanks to those of you. As soon as my car gets here I plan on attending every event with you guys...even you Xperi"Mental," I'm actually hella' of a nice guy.

I JUST HATE THE ROADS IN UTAH, not the people or the scenery:mad:

btcog82 said:
I JUST HATE THE ROADS IN UTAH, not the people or the scenery:mad:

I'm a little unclear on your last statement:confused: . The following are several quotes of things you said in previous posts:

1) "ok...no responses, UTAH sucks!

Will a nearby state adopt me?

Las Vegas, aren't you guys like 5 hours from Salt Lake, can I meet with you guys for meets...???"

2) "alot of rough graded roads steep driveways and hills and dont even think about eating at a decent diner or sit down place."

3) "I was coming from the mall tonight at 10pm (fashion place mall), off state st. and I 15 near the 5600-5800 block and saw you go by. Looked stock, but clean who are you?

reveal yourself ....are you on prime?

I'm guessing if no response, it must just be one of those rich bastards from Park City."

4) Here's the PM that you sent:

"whats your deal dude?! I don't even know you and your slamming me publicly, have you even read my other threads on Utah!?
Brandon
Lack of knowledge is not an excuse for the ignorance that comes out of your mouth."

And don't forget about the last post you made directed at me. By the way my name isn't Jack and I don't have a problem. And oh yeah, who the hell is "adam's apple"?

Please read the following before you fly off the handle like you did in your last post:

Listen, the intent of my comment wasn't to piss you off, it was more or less intended to get your attention. I'm a little surprised that for somebody who wants to get to know people in the new state/city you just moved to that you would use such derogatory comments such as the ones you used. You may have been kidding, but I'm not the only one who found it a little hard to tell. You just may be a "hella' of a nice guy" like you said in your post, but it's hard to make that observation from what I have seen so far. Hopefully you get the point of what I am trying to say and this "tiff", if you will, will end in a handshake.

By the way the "plain jane" car you saw on Sunday was probably mine.

Last edited:
...response

My response is in blue below, written in your quote.
XperiMental said:
I'm a little unclear on your last statement:confused: . The following are several quotes of things you said in previous posts:

1) "ok...no responses, UTAH sucks!
Will a nearby state adopt me?
Las Vegas, aren't you guys like 5 hours from Salt Lake, can I meet with you guys for meets...???"

TRUE I SAID IT^...I WANTED TO MEET FELLOW NSX'RS AND NO ONE RESPONDED, SHORTLY AFTER THAT I RECEIVED SEVERAL PM'S FROM FELLOW UTAH NSX OWNERS. SORRY, BAD WAY I GUESS TO GRAB PEOPLE'S ATTENTION.

2) "alot of rough graded roads steep driveways and hills and dont even think about eating at a decent diner or sit down place."

SOMEWHAT TRUE^BUT YOU TOOK IT OUT OF CONTEXT. YOU CAN'T EAT AT A DECENT PLACE HERE DUE TO THE DRIVEWAY OR ROADWAY THAT LEADS TO IT. I DIDN'T MEAN THERE ARE NO DECENT RESTAURANTS HERE. HELL I EAT OUT ABOUT EVERY 3 DAYS, JUST NOT IN THE NSX. I RECOMMEND P.F CHANGS, A BRAZILIAN PLACE AT THE GATEWAY IS EXCELLENT, AND THERES MANY MORE...JUST NOT IN THE NSX.

3) "I was coming from the mall tonight at 10pm (fashion place mall), off state st. and I 15 near the 5600-5800 block and saw you go by. Looked stock, but clean who are you?
reveal yourself ....are you on prime?
I'm guessing if no response, it must just be one of those rich bastards from Park City."

I HEAR EVERYONE FROM HERE JOKE ABOUT PEOPLE FROM PARK CITY. I HAVE ONLY MET 4 PEOPLE FROM THERE, AND WELL, SO FAR ITS 50/50. 2 WERE COMPLETELY STUCK UP, ONE DROVE A VIPER, THE OTHER A LEXUS SC430...EXTREMELY STUCK UP. THE OTHER 2 I MET AT THE TRACK WAS A GUY WITH A 360 MODENA AND A GUY WITH A GT40 WHO OWNS THE FORD DEALERSHIP ON STATE STREET...EXTREMELY FRIENDLY. SO YOU BE THE JUDGE. I WENT SHOPPING IN PARK CITY WITH MY GIRL ON A LAZY SUNDAY, AND I WAS TREATED LIKE A BUM. I WAS WEARING BLUE JEANS AND A POLO SHIRT...WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

4) Here's the PM that you sent:

"whats your deal dude?! I don't even know you and your slamming me publicly, have you even read my other threads on Utah!?
Brandon
Lack of knowledge is not an excuse for the ignorance that comes out of your mouth."

YEP! I WROTE YOU THAT!

And don't forget about the last post you made directed at me. By the way my name isn't Jack and I don't have a problem. And oh yeah, who the hell is "adam's apple"?

I GUESS THIS WAS EITHER YOUR ATTEMPT TO BE FUNNY OR A SMARTA$$, BUT EITHER WAY I'M NOT THIN SKINNED, SO LOL!:biggrin: :tongue: :rolleyes:

Please read the following before you fly of the handle like you did in your last post:
Listen, the intent of my comment wasn't to piss you off, it was more or less intended to get your attention.

WELL, YOU GOT IT. THE SAME WAY I GOT UTAH NSX OWNERS ATTENTION, IT PROBABLY WASN'T THE RIGHT WAY EITHER ONE OF US DID IT. APOLOGIES GO OUT TO UTAH NSX OWNERS OR FOR THAT MATTER ANYONE I MAY HAVE OFFENDED.

I'm a little surprised that for somebody who wants to get to know people in the new state/city you just moved to that you would use such derogatory comments such as the ones you used. You may have been kidding, but I'm not the only one who found it a little hard to tell.

WELL, BY ALL MEANS IM APPROACHABLE, SHOOT ME A PM AND LET ME KNOW. I WOULD SAY I'M SORRY, BUT I'M KINDA' NOT. I'M USE TO THE MILITARY WHERE YOU CAN SAY, "SHUT UP AND MOVE OUT!" AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO. I NEED TO ADJUST, BUT IT AIN'T GONNA' HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.

You just may be a "hella' of a nice guy" like you said in your post, but it's hard to make that observation from what I have seen so far.

WELL FIRST IMPRESSIONS, ESPECIALLY THE WRONG IMPRESSIONS ARE A BITCH! SO...HOPEFULLY YOU CAN GET TO KNOW ME AND WE CAN MOVE PAST THIS.

Hopefully you get the point of what I am trying to say and this "tiff", if you will, will end in a handshake.

handshake.jpg

By the way the "plain jane" car you saw on Sunday was probably mine.

NOTHIN' WRONG WITH THAT, I ALSO STATED IT LOOKED CLEAN. I USE TO OWN A CLEAN PLAIN JANE RED NSX, NOW SHE'S MEAN AND CLEAN AND I CALL HER FANTASIA NOT JANE.

:rolleyes: Well drama drama drama....sheesh :biggrin:
Utah doesn't have the best roads by far but I daily drive my NSX and I don't have any problems fitting into most places including all the places you listed above. IT DOES require creative driving and pulling into lots and sometimes you just get screwed and have to adjust.... :tongue:
Anyways why don't you wait till your NSX is ACTUALLY HERE before you start bagging everything. You haven't driven through many of our canyons yet either....:biggrin:

Anyways most peole here are very cool and nice...as far as mormons go at least they keep the area clean and family friendly. I travel for work to a lot of different states around the west and I still like living here.

Thanks everyone for the info. I will be driving my NSX as a daily driver until we purchase a home or the winter, whichever comes first. I plan on some creative driving and hope to meet all of you and maybe we can get some drives or meets started in the SLC area.

Great meeting you guys the other night, I got the third degree(from the girl) an a lil' from Xperimental..ok LOL not really. But it was worth it to see some NSX's

btcog82 said:
Great meeting you guys the other night, I got the third degree(from the girl) an a lil' from Xperimental..ok LOL not really. But it was worth it to see some NSX's

So, what did your "girl" give you grief about? Now that you have met a few NSX owners in the valley maybe Utah won't "suck" as bad :biggrin:. I guess you aren't as bad as I thought you were going to be either :biggrin:. So when is your car going to get here?

Hopefully we can get a large group together soon and take a cruise up a canyon one of these weekends.

Here are a few pictures of a couple of get togethers we have had over the last couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 60
XperiMental said:
So, what did your "girl" give you grief about? Now that you have met a few NSX owners in the valley maybe Utah won't "suck" as bad :biggrin:. I guess you aren't as bad as I thought you were going to be either :biggrin:. So when is your car going to get here?

*She had to pee:rolleyes:
*We''ll see how Utah treats the "X" once she gets here.
*I told ya' man, just not use to be outta the military yet, that's all.
*Looks like Mid Aug. but I'm pushin' my mechanic for end of July, then again you can't rush perfectionists.

Glad to finally meet up with you BTCOG82. Hopefully your car will get here so we can check out the "red rocket". Sorry about the girl, I did not realize we hung out there so long. "Hotwls" you will enjoy it here in Utah, I am born and raised here, and this is not a bad place to live and raise a family. Let us know when your in town.

I look forward to meeting all of you and will be in town the 24th. I will be solo till my wife sells the house so I will have some free time. It would be cool to meet up sometime.

So are you bringing up the X when you come? What part of SLC are you staying in? If you have questions of the good areas of SLC, please let me know or XperiMental as he is in SLC already and we can let you know. Good luck on the drive down.
By the way, what year of car and any mods? I own a 91' blk/ivory, have had it four and half years.
Talk to you later.
Brandon

nsx24 said:
So are you bringing up the X when you come? What part of SLC are you staying in? If you have questions of the good areas of SLC, please let me know or XperiMental as he is in SLC already and we can let you know. Good luck on the drive down.
By the way, what year of car and any mods? I own a 91' blk/ivory, have had it four and half years.
Talk to you later.
Brandon

I will be rollin into town in the NSX. I have an Aunt on the Wasatch Front that is letting me stay with her till I get an apartment. Once in the apartment we will be looking for a house. The help I have received on this thread has been great an appreciated. I hope to quickly join the meets. As for the car, well as of July 9th it was 1 year old. I have a 2005 Blk/Blk T.:smile:

btcog82 said:
I know some awesome apartments in west valley WITH GARAGES!!!

Excellent, I have been looking online but the web sites suck a bit. Do you think you can provide me with a list to check out when I get down there? It would be much apprecieated. :biggrin:

HotWls,

What part of the day will you be arriving on the 24th? The 24th happens to be a holiday around here and most people have that day off (including myself). I won't have a ton of time that day (I have some tiling to do), but we might be able to get a few people together and meet up so we can show you around if you would like.

If any other local NSX owners are available let HotWls know.

Hey Matt, I would be up for a cruise later in the afternoon on Monday if you want to hook up, I have to work till around 3:00pm and then free after that. Let me know.
Also Hotwhl, what time are you arriving?
btcog82, you up for anything on Monday?
I will shoot Ethan an email to see if he is up for a cruise also.

Back