• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MP4-12C Undergoes hot weather testing in AZ

funny but no matter who builds it, how expensive and exotic a car is they still stick a little rubber tube hanging down to leak out a/c condensation:tongue:

all I want...

It looks so friggin' awesome in black, damn! :cool:

I'm so incredibly in love w/ the MP4-12C. Hoping someday/someway being in the position to acquire one. I'd be content for life w/ that ride, no doubt. Just like I am w/ my NSX.

Also, the O.P. of that linked thread (also the admin' of the forum) is/was a member of Prime. And someone I know from around the way (used to live here). Small world!

Last edited:
Boring

It does nothing for me. I should be impressed, but I just don't feel any passion when I look at this thing. It reminds me of a generic super car for a 3rd rate video game.

Very cool. I'd like to know where this is:
attachment.php

I agree with some people. The MP4-12C doesn't do it for me. I don't see anything truly unique about it.

It just reminds me of any generic super car. Any off-brand super car in video games looks just like this car.

Re: Boring

It does nothing for me. I should be impressed, but I just don't feel any passion when I look at this thing. It reminds me of a generic super car for a 3rd rate video game.

I'm with ya. From the pics, it's about as exciting to me as a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Probably looks a good bit better in person.

Man, that car in black I think looks great. I really really have to see one in person and sit in it before I can pass final judgment.

Send it to me and I will do the cold weather testing here in Edmonton. Heck I will even drive it further north if required! :biggrin:

Good timing, Winter will be on it's way soon and I am considering putting my NSX away before NSXPO.

I agree with some people. The MP4-12C doesn't do it for me. I don't see anything truly unique about it.

It just reminds me of any generic super car. Any off-brand super car in video games looks just like this car.

The looks may not be that impressive, its what is underneath that is...there are a couple of sites with just the chassis showing, and its an engineering marvel with the carbon fiber tub and suspension system, and chassis..
http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/09/2012-mclaren-mp4-12c-suspension-walkaround.html

Last edited:
A friend of mine has ordered a white one and is #10 on the US waiting list. I can't wait to visit him when the car is here.

I would say after a few beers, it looks like a NSX to me but the underneath and the engineering is top notch and I would expect nothing short of perfection from Ron Dennis and company.

What i don;t understand is that the ceramic brakes is an option on a $250k+ car:confused:

Back