• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mr. Kerry, War Hero

This is the funniest thing I've seen in some time...

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video_wmv.html

I'm figuring it's all fair game...since Mr. Kerry has seemingly made his 4 months in Vietnam the centerpiece of his campaign (he has three purple hearts you know, lol).

Anyway take a look. Oh, I know the usual Bush bashers will start carping about the vast Right Wing Conspiracy and all that.

But maybe, just maybe, all of these guys who ACTUALLY SERVED with him really do have good reasons for their visceral disgust for the guy.

I'm betting that they really do know something about his character, and I'd trust the accuracy of their comments; not his.

I haven't heard the background on how Kerry got his Purple Hearts (or didn't deserve them).

Do you have a neutral site that analyzes this, or are you basing it on pro-Republican sites?

Spencer said:
I'm betting that they really do know something about his character, and I'd trust the accuracy of their comments; not his.
What about the coments made by people who served with John Kerry, and who support him? Do you trust their accuracy?

nkb said:
I haven't heard the background on how Kerry got his Purple Hearts (or didn't deserve them).

Oh you will...I predict this is going to blow up on Mr. Kerry. I'm guessing the Teflon is going to get worn down by the end of August.

And I'm sure that he and Ter-e-za will be carping about the Republican hit squads attacking him (and, of course, all the while the DNC keeps funding 'unbiased factual outlets' like moveon.org, yeah right, lol.).

In answer to your question, it actually appears to be legitmately written by guys who served with him. He has implied for years that they all support him. Well, it turns out that virtually all of them detest him.

Here, take an OBJECTIVE look:

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php

Brian2by2 said:
I heard that at least one of his purple hearts was for a foot fungus that infected his big toe?? Any truth to that?

LOL. Well he didn't post any pictures of his foot fungus here, so it's hard to verify that. :D :D :D

NeoNSX said:
LOL. Well he didn't post any pictures of his foot fungus here, so it's hard to verify that. :D :D :D

That is pretty funny but I'm almost positive I heard that at least one of them was for that...

Pretty pathetic.

And the one the guy that got my attention was the one that said he treated Kerry for the injury he received one of his purple hearts for. I'd love to hear further what that guy had to say to back up Kerry being a fraud.

Something fishy about a man dropping out of Yale to to 'volunteer' <AHEM> bu!!$#!T </AHEM> to goto Vietnam and then throwing paint on returning veterans (people he supposedly fought with :rolleyes: ) and calling them babykillers...

I guess it is a good thing then that no one can actually seem to find ANYONE that actually served with Dubya. Unless of course, you count the hundreds of US soldiers and thousands of Iraqis he sent to their deaths under false pretenses. There are also the 3000+ people who died because he chose to ignore the obvious terrorist threats prior to 9/11.

Why is it fishy for someone to volunteer for the military but you have no problem with another who's father gets him out of it and into the National Guard and then he doesn't even bother to show up. Talk about a fraud!

By the was, Teresa is the same one the republicans try to recruit to run for the vacated senate seat in Pennsylvania. Why don't they like her now? Threatened?

People constantly spread these urban legends - stories that are patently false. To post such nonsense just shows how gullible such people are - usually people who are so narrow-minded that they would believe and spread such obviously apocryphal stories without bothering to check out whether they are true or not. That is TRULY pathetic.

Yeah, I know a guy who knows a friend of a gal who used to work for a guy that bartendered for a guy who worked for a guy who had a dog that belonged to a guy that mowed the lawn for a gal who used to date a guy who cleaned the toilets for a guy who served with John Kerry.

Here is what I think is the most pathetic thing of all: people will accept even the dumbest sounding allegations, as long as they are directed against someone they don't like.

What possible reason would the Navy have had to award John Kerry a Purple Heart for a foot fungus? Come on, you can't be serious! That is one of the most asinine stories I have heard yet in this election mudslinging.

And I'm sure all the veterans who received Purple Hearts for wounds received in combat would like to thank you for trying to stain what this award stands for. Shame on you.

nkb said:
Here is what I think is the most pathetic thing of all: people will accept even the dumbest sounding allegations, as long as they are directed against someone they don't like.

What possible reason would the Navy have had to award John Kerry a Purple Heart for a foot fungus? Come on, you can't be serious! That is one of the most asinine stories I have heard yet in this election mudslinging.

And I'm sure all the veterans who received Purple Hearts for wounds received in combat would like to thank you for trying to stain what this award stands for. Shame on you.

If one were to receive a foot fungus in Vietnam, which thus caused their service to end due to a medical condition, would they not receive a purple heart?

Is a scratch on his leg from something HE did worth a Purple Heart?? :rolleyes:

Seems there are a handful of positive viewpoints of Kerry from Vietnam, while there was a plethora of those who state that he is incapable of leading, is wreckless and "requires constant supervision."

Spencer said:
Oh you will...I predict this is going to blow up on Mr. Kerry. I'm guessing the Teflon is going to get worn down by the end of August.

And I'm sure that he and Ter-e-za will be carping about the Republican hit squads attacking him (and, of course, all the while the DNC keeps funding 'unbiased factual outlets' like moveon.org, yeah right, lol.).

In answer to your question, it actually appears to be legitmately written by guys who served with him. He has implied for years that they all support him. Well, it turns out that virtually all of them detest him.

Here, take an OBJECTIVE look:

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php
It appears to me that you would have a lot of trouble recognizing objectivity if it came up and bit you in the butt.

Just to set facts straight:

MoveOn.org and similar organizations are NOT funded by the DNC, any more than Swiftboat Veterans is funded by the Republican party. They are independant organizations that are funded by donations. MoveOn happens to be left-leaning, Swiftboat is right-leaning.

I was asking for an objective (neutral, non-partisan, apolitical) source. Apparently you did not understand my request. What RSO 34 provided was what I was looking for.

Of course, if you think snopes is a DNC-funded group, then you won't believe them either.

nkb said:
It appears to me that you would have a lot of trouble recognizing objectivity if it came up and bit you in the butt.

Just to set facts straight:

MoveOn.org and similar organizations are NOT funded by the DNC, any more than Swiftboat Veterans is funded by the Republican party. They are independant organizations that are funded by donations. MoveOn happens to be left-leaning, Swiftboat is right-leaning.

I was asking for an objective (neutral, non-partisan, apolitical) source. Apparently you did not understand my request. What RSO 34 provided was what I was looking for.

Of course, if you think snopes is a DNC-funded group, then you won't believe them either.

Yup, and for every positive quote on Snopes.com about Mr. Kerry, there are 3 bashing his brains in for being an incompetent leader, a liar, a ****y, and umm did I say a liar? :rolleyes:

18 negative
6 positive

Brian2by2 said:
If one were to receive a foot fungus in Vietnam, which thus caused their service to end due to a medical condition, would they not receive a purple heart?
Brian, use common sense before asking such asinine questions. First of all, I doubt very much the Armed Forces give out Purple Hearts for jock itch or foot fungus. Secondly, since when is a foot fungus a serious enough problem that it would end your service?
Do you even think about what you are posting?

Brian2by2 said:
Is a scratch on his leg from something HE did worth a Purple Heart?? :rolleyes:
Who said he got a Purple Heart for a scratch on his leg? What is your unbiased source?

Brian2by2 said:
Seems there are a handful of positive viewpoints of Kerry from Vietnam, while there was a plethora of those who state that he is incapable of leading, is wreckless and "requires constant supervision."
It all depends on what source you are using. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you tend to read the more conservative sites, and avoid the liberal ones.

Please read the snopes link that RSO 34 posted. In it, they mention that only one of the dissenting veterans actually served with Kerry.

Brian2by2 said:
Yup, and for every positive quote on Snopes.com about Mr. Kerry, there are 3 bashing his brains in for being an incompetent leader, a liar, a ****y, and umm did I say a liar? :rolleyes:

18 negative
6 positive
OK, apparently you need remedial Snopes reading class.

The text in the colored box is what Snopes is analyzing. In this case, it is a series of quotes from veterans that are speaking out against Kerry. The rest of the text is their (Snopes) analysis. If you read a little more closely, it mentions that only one of the quotes from Kerry opponents is from a person who actually served with Kerry.

All the positive (or semi-positive) quotes are from people who actually served with Kerry, or who had him under their command.

nkb said:

Please read the snopes link that RSO 34 posted.

Considering that I am a diehard Republican, the fact that I posted the snopes link should give a clue as to how I feel about nonsensical rumors being circulated to influence the naive and gullible.

Brian2by2 said:

18 negative
6 positive

Once again, I am no fan of Kerry's and despite the fact that I am a trial lawyer I would never vote for Edwards for any office. However, it is painfully obvious that you miss the point of the snopes discussion.

The negative opinions of those who did not have personal interaction with Kerry during their service in Viet Nam have no more probative value than mine. They are merely opinions and everyone is entitled to have one. However, to attribute any more significance to them just because they are coming from veterans is somewhat disingenuous.

Debate is healthy but when it is misleading it lends itself to an environment where people react passionately rather than objectively.

RSO 34 said:
Once again, I am no fan of Kerry's and despite the fact that I am a trial lawyer I would never vote for Edwards for any office. However, it is painfully obvious that you miss the point of the snopes discussion.

The negative opinions of those who did not have personal interaction with Kerry during their service in Viet Nam have no more probative value than mine. They are merely opinions and everyone is entitled to have one. However, to attribute any more significance to them just because they are coming from veterans is somewhat disingenuous.

Debate is healthy but when it is misleading it lends itself to an environment where people react passionately rather than objectively.

I don't know whether any of the quotes in snopes are true or not, either do they by the way. Just because someone didn't serve directly under someone doesn't mean they didn't interact. I am quite sure that various missions involved several boats and a lot of the soldiers on the various boats new each other.

I think a lot more will come out about the purple hearts and Kerry's time served in Vietnam, only time will tell. I did see an interview with the actual doctor that treated Kerry for one of his purple hearts and the doctor said that it was a very minor cut that didn't need any stiches and only required a band-aid.

Snopes claims that it was shrapnel and a scratch that caused Kerry to get one of his Purple Hearts.

And just because they didn't serve under him doesn't mean they don't know anything about him and the blatant lies he's been throwing around in that controversial book of his.

One was his medic when he was 'injured' :rolleyes:

And I'm still waiting for proof that he didn't get a purple heart for a foot fungus. I had asked a questions...I never said that he did. i said "I heard" and "didn't know for sure".

Carguy! said:
I am quite sure that various missions involved several boats and a lot of the soldiers on the various boats new each other.

That may be true but once again, unless you tell me that you were one of the soldiers on one of those boats I would not attribute any more weight to your opinion than anyone else's educated guess.

Brian2by2 said:
And just because they didn't serve under him doesn't mean they don't know anything about him and the blatant lies he's been throwing around in that controversial book of his.

One person's interpretation of a statement being a "lie" may be simply turning a blind eye to the realities of a war such as Viet Nam. Were atrocities committed by a small segment of our forces? Ever hear of Lt. William Calley and My Lai? http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/vietnam/trenches/mylai.html

I neither condone nor condemn the actions of those who have been placed in such unthinkable conditions posed by war. However, it would be foolish to believe that everyone played by the rules of engagement at all times.

Back