• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 92 has a plate on the door jamb that says made by honda motor comp. Is the normal?

It also has a Honda emblem on the hood. It has around 40k miles and I was thinking maybe selling this year and was thinking about this emblem. I bought it in 94 with 10k miles and I didn't change it.
Rod

All NSX's have the same door jamb plate as yours.
Your hood emblem had been changed from Acura to Honda by a previous owner

Last edited:
Ok Thanks. I was wondering if the car was a gray market or something.
Look at the tenth character of the VIN (vehicle identification number). If it is an "N", it was made for sale in the United States (if the twelfth character is 0) or Canada (if the twelfth character is 8), and somewhere along the line the emblem was replaced. (The "N" designates 1992 model year cars sold in North America.) If the tenth character is a zero, it was made for sale in one of the overseas markets.

The door jamb says MADE BY HONDA MOTOR CORP on all of them.

You've been a member since 2000. Is this your first NSX?
Since he bought it in 1994, I'm guessing the answer is yes. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes this only is my one and only. I only make quick run every couple months and don't drive it in the rain so being in seattle it doesn't go out much. I have been a member for a long time. Great site and polite members.
Rod

Yes this only is my one and only. I only make quick run every couple months and don't drive it in the rain so being in seattle it doesn't go out much. I have been a member for a long time. Great site and polite members.
Rod
Put back the original Acura emblems before you sell.

The grey market idea was something drilled in to us boomers based on the number of desirable European marques that were hastily brought into america during the euro exotic bubble years ago. I think some unique never officially imported cars are still to this day quasi legal through the Montana tax shelter mumbo jumbo.The nsx was never part of that trend.The only wacky nsx related importation issues are with R hand drive cars esp from Canada.

The grey market idea was something drilled in to us boomers based on the number of desirable European marques that were hastily brought into america during the euro exotic bubble years ago. I think some unique never officially imported cars are still to this day quasi legal through the Montana tax shelter mumbo jumbo.The nsx was never part of that trend.The only wacky nsx related importation issues are with R hand drive cars esp from Canada.

I remember those days. The grey market for MBZ, BMW, and a few Ferrari's. Back then there was a lot of corruption in the DMV and if you knew the right people you could bring in anything. ;)

yep the crazy lagonda/Bugatti/alpina days of yor...

Back