• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 97, is been a while

Love it, looks great.

Agreed one of my favorites on here... without question for 02-.

Only thing I would do/change is 02+ skirts and respray the front lip. Very nicely done car.

There's another thing I'd do. I'd pull off the LEDs in the vent. As nice as they are, they still look like add-ons to me. I just see too many civics with something similar. Instead, do that LED conversion in the parking lights someone here is offering. That looks real factory and really cool. I think it would look great under your parking light covers too. Of course then you have to do rear LEDs. But then you're really done. LOL

Too...many....pictures....cant....process...all....this...greatness!

lol sorry!

you ever thought about sides , i.e the df stacy sides ?:smile: would look sick imo

oEM 02+ but only next year

Oscar I love your car. And I was just going to suggest the 3 mods you want to do anyway. 02+ skirts are a must now. R hood would add a lot! Paint the factory milk jug... I did. See the pic. I also added a chrome/CF cap from SOS. It looks great. It is red krinkle paint and matches my valve covers.

I don't like stickers on the rear bumper. Car is so clean otherwise.

n508765491_3924388_4407.jpg

PLEASE, could you PM or even post here a DIY on that, I'd LOVE to do just like that! the sticker on the left is my logo :) ... the sides, next year!

This is one of my favorite car i like from our prime family. Over here in california its hollywood certified. Cheers.

Nice, thanks!

Love it, looks great.

Agreed one of my favorites on here... without question for 02-.

Only thing I would do/change is 02+ skirts and respray the front lip. Very nicely done car.

my lip was JUST repainted, it took a week for me to bottom NASTY out of a parking lot, I had to go in reverse etc .. all because I needed to pee really BAD and stopped on a bad bar with a awful exit :(

There's another thing I'd do. I'd pull off the LEDs in the vent. As nice as they are, they still look like add-ons to me. I just see too many civics with something similar. Instead, do that LED conversion in the parking lights someone here is offering. That looks real factory and really cool. I think it would look great under your parking light covers too. Of course then you have to do rear LEDs. But then you're really done. LOL

Normally I ran them @ night or @ the highway when is rainy / dark, or full or retards, they are good quality and I still like them because they are very simple and subtle ... .. btw, do not forget please to send me the DIY on the milk jar! please!

Oscar

I used this paint, I am pretty sure:

sp109_030210.jpg

I have had this for 3+ years on now and nothing has peeled or chipped, looks good as day 1.

Just get some vise grips and pull all the hoses off the bottle. Clamp down with Vise grips and that will keep any fluid from leaking out.

I used a piece of wire to hang the bottle off a tree branch, and used several coats of paint. Follow instructions on can. It wrinkles over time.

Looks like SOS no longer sells the coolant tank cap. Too bad... it was a real nice piece.

Anyway it's $10 and an hour of time and my coolant tank looks better than any expensive aftermarket one I have seen.

I used this paint, I am pretty sure:

sp109_030210.jpg

I have had this for 3+ years on now and nothing has peeled or chipped, looks good as day 1.

Just get some vise grips and pull all the hoses off the bottle. Clamp down with Vise grips and that will keep any fluid from leaking out.

I used a piece of wire to hang the bottle off a tree branch, and used several coats of paint. Follow instructions on can. It wrinkles over time.

Looks like SOS no longer sells the coolant tank cap. Too bad... it was a real nice piece.

Anyway it's $10 and an hour of time and my coolant tank looks better than any expensive aftermarket one I have seen.

Thanks so much, this weekend, I'll have some fun! :) ... you are saving me $290! thanks!

car looks great the way it is except for maybe the rear diffuser.

Am I the only one who don't see anything wrong with the pre 02 side skirts? I don't see much difference or anything wrong with it. It looks good just fine with the 02+ rear valence. IMO, I think aftermarket sideskirts with air scoops make the NSX look like a kit car. Looks much cleaner without it.

Last edited:
I don't like the skirts with scoops a lot either, but the 02 skirts are cleaner and add a lot. Also lighter and better fit. This car would clearly look better with them and yes Ric, you're the only one. LOL

car looks great the way it is except for maybe the rear diffuser.

Am I the only one who don't see anything wrong with the pre 02 side skirts? I don't see much difference or anything wrong with it. It looks good just fine with the 02+ rear valence. IMO, I think aftermarket sideskirts with air scoops make the NSX look like a kit car. Looks much cleaner without it.

I also don't mind the skirts he choose but I might have gone with ones a little more aggressive just because of the front lip and rear valences. But all and all I think it's a very clean looking car.

Great work TS

by far one of the nicest red nsx i seen. I think you did a great job on the color scheme but one thing i would change is that lip. Change to oem rubber lip. Its too low for the rest of the body of the car, or add on 02 sides and you be set.

but great work.

my lip was JUST repainted, it took a week for me to bottom NASTY out of a parking lot, I had to go in reverse etc .. all because I needed to pee really BAD and stopped on a bad bar with a awful exit :(

That sucks so bad! I know the feeling... I had just installed my new lip and that weekend went to visit a friend and he took me down a street to a one way which then had a driveway so steep no matter how angled I tried to get I could just hear the scraping like someone running their finger nails on a chalkboard.

Oscar, seriously your car is absolutely gorgeous! Soo many subtle mods that add to the already perfect car.

:wink:

2012 pics

I know I'm reviving this old thread but your NSX is beautiful! Quick question, did you ever put on the 02 skirts?

Hi, thanks for reviving, no, not @ all, I should it have done back when those OEM skirts were around 700 new, + painting, now the prices are absolutely INSANE, making this piece -that 98% of people will not even see- a bit to expensive for minimum difference in looks 9I think)

So far, some different things such the Difflow rear Diffuser that people love and my center Tailight with the "ACURA" ... (but I think I'll go back to the big "A") .. and my Tailights that I painted RED on the corner ...

Here are some shots I took yesterday (I bought new lenses and I was testing, practicing) and I was not going to post this pics but since you revived this :)

My update!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3_1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg