• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

my dad is taking me to look at an nsx tomorrow...

We're going to Naples Acura (naples, fl) to look at a pre owned NSX. It is a 2000, Targa S-type 32k mi. and they're asking
$57,994 for it. What do you think of the price? I thought it was worth more about 54,000. How much do you think we can get the price lowered?

According to the pricing chart in the FAQ, which is where you'll find current market prices for NSXs that are updated routinely, the price range for an excellent condition 2000 is in the 60-65K range.

I'd consider the chances of an Acura dealer vehicle being "excellent" pretty good, so I'd say that it looks like a very fair price.

I also happen to know that a local Acura dealer paid just over $50,000 cash for a 2000 late last year here in SD. I wish I had the money to get the car from the guy at the time as he'd have given me the same deal!!

So taking that into consideration, I maintain that the asking price is fair, and if you can negotiate less, you'll have a very good deal indeed.

G

Ana said:
We're going to Naples Acura (naples, fl) to look at a pre owned NSX. It is a 2000, Targa S-type 32k mi. and they're asking
$57,994 for it. What do you think of the price? I thought it was worth more about 54,000. How much do you think we can get the price lowered?

I think someone got their wires crossed somewhere. The NSX type s was a limited edition only available in Japan(now that would be a steal at $57,994)). Acura does offer several other vehicles in "type-s" form.

Good luck to you nonetheless!

No, I don't think it's a type-S either.

But I should say my previous assessment of value didn't reflect the above average mileage this car has. That easily puts it into the 55-60K range of the FAQ chart.

However, I still believe this is a fair price for this car at the dealer. Unless there are secrets, you're not getting ripped off at that price at all. The dealer is making a fair markup, but not outrageous. And you may be able to go a grand or so lower, which would be a very good deal, IMO.

At least as far as the US goes, NSX-S = Zanardi. They are all red coupes with black interior and are are 99 models. I suppose an '00 NSX-S could have been imported, but the odds are VERY slim. Run a carfax. If its a US VIN and an 00, then it is not an NSX-S.

On the other hand if it is an NSX coupe (non-NSX-T) and is an '00, that is a rare bird and one that I would like to own. Post pics!

Well Ana, after you get done looking at it, tell us what you think. If you get it, perhaps you won't feel like shooting people anymore.:D Of course remember I was one of those who thought it was a good idea. :D

Very cool, try to take pics and post 'em if you get a chance. I know your ex would kick himself if you did end up getting it! :D

that car has been on ebay couple of times. The previous owner put a type-s emblem on the rear. the aftermarket rims are fugly imo.

black book

Dealers use black book for the most up to date pricing. Avg wholesale is 50,200 and avg retail is 56,150. My manager never gave me any price above average wholesale. With car being in good condition, you will be safe with price somewhere in between. Start low and go up from there. They will not be insulted, an offer is a sign of interest to purchase something.
Good luck
Black Book Wholesale

Extra Clean Clean Average Rough
Base $54,700 $53,700 $50,200 $45,800
Options $0 $0 $0 $0
Mileage Adj. $0 $0 $0 $0
Total $54,700 $53,700 $50,200 $45,800

Black Book Retail

Extra Clean Clean Average Rough
Base $61,400 $60,175 $56,150 $50,975
Options $0 $0 $0 $0
Mileage Adj. $0 $0 $0 $0
Total $61,400 $60,175 $56,150 $50,975

Ana,

While you are there...talk to Rick in the parts department (good friend of mine). He also was looking at that NSX but ended up not buying it. I would ask him why. Maybe he knows something about the car that stopped him.

I remember seeing someone's NSX here for sale that had a Type S conversion done. (suspension, weight reduc., and emblems) Anyone know if it wouldn't be that one by any chance would it?

beeker16 said:
I remember seeing someone's NSX here for sale that had a Type S conversion done. (suspension, weight reduc., and emblems) Anyone know if it wouldn't be that one by any chance would it?

I don't think so, the one at naples is an automatic

I paid 51,000 for my 2000 with 19,000 miles in april 06

save your dad about 10K and buy a 97-98...It's the same exact thing....

but then again, if daddy's paying for it, get the 2000:biggrin:

LMAO! Surprisingly enough, it looks like it was the Original poster that revived this thread :eek:

Ana said:
I would have needed the price lowered by at least $30,000 for my dad to even think about helping me buy that.

You stated in another thread a couple of days ago that you were over the urge of wanting an NSX. You said you think are still kinda 'cool' but don't want one anymore.:rolleyes: :confused:

RON98 said:
lol whoever revived this post needs to be shot :biggrin:

let it die!:tongue:
No doubt, I read threw all this crap hoping for a cool update or something. What a letdown.

Back