• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My DIY Boost Controller and Air Fuel ratio Gauge almost complete

Guys,

Here's an update to the old gauge I have. I want something simple and cheap that works. This way it doesnt hurt the pocket. Check out the gauge and let me know.

Features:

Boost controller
OLED 1.3" white
microcontroller based
Mac Solenoid
Air Fuel Ratio 0-5 volts 7.35-22afr input for LC-1
4bar map sensor up to 43PSI onboard
3 button Capacitive touch Menu System
Peak Boost value
Boost Warning Setting
Boost Gain Setting
Boost Spool Setting
LED warning light

http://paulsvang.com/mylife/boost-controller-for-everyone-version-1-assembled/

Please give me some feedback on it. Ideas, improvements, what not to do, etc. All criticism welcomed.
Let me know if you're interested as well.

What engine is this gauge going on? If it is a stand alone then it is feture rich. If no, it's a bunch of uneccessary nonsense.

This is awesome man. I assume you have high pitched beeper onboard for warnings. Visuals are not effective. What controller do you use?

No, my car has been out of commission for the last four months so now that it's back I will be working on it again. I will be adding a second ZT-2 and a second screen and designing a housing for the screens. I will update my other thread when I make some progress.

jwmelvin,

Yep. Looks similar. I was going to start reading from the cn2 port of the ecu to grab other parameters so that it too may be displayed into the gauge but I just dont have the time. That may be a project in itself. I might design a housing for my nsx as well. Just not sure where to put it. I want it to look OEMish around the cluster area.

Solidol,

Currently using the atmel 328. Just a simple chip.

Jinks,

The idea is to have it work in any car. Standalone.

Standalone= thumbs up.

Back