• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My HP Evo wheel and tire weights vs stock.

I had to take my HP Evo's off and put my stock rims on for an inspection, so while I had them off I put them on a bathroom scale, just in case people were interested.

One thing I will say is that with the stock 15/16's on instead of the 18/19's the car is much quicker (obviously), but the steering feels quicker, more responsive, the whole car feels better all around. Sadly though I care too much about the cosmetic side of it and I've already put the HP Evo's back on the car, but now the light weight bug has bit and I'll be looking for some light 17/18 wheels.

Here are pictures of the wheels and tires on the scale, the weights are in lbs.

The stock front 15" rim and tire...

The stock 16" rim and tire...

The HP Evo 18" front rim and tire...

The HP Evo 19" rear rim and tire...

Yep, exactly what I went and am going through. Except my 18/19's are about 4 lbs lighter each. The pizza cutters are REALLY fun though considering they feel like grease when you REALLY get hard on em, and they accelerate like a rocket.

Are the 18/19s the same rolling diameter and if so, why does it seem slow? I am thinking about getting this combo, mine is all stock and is slow enough!!

Are the 18/19s the same rolling diameter and if so, why does it seem slow? I am thinking about getting this combo, mine is all stock and is slow enough!!

Generally overall wheel size when 18/19 is going to be slightly bigger than stock. But even if they were the same diameter/circumference, the car still has to sling all the weight around which is what makes it slower in acceleration.

You'll notice a difference when going to 18/19's but in short time you'll forget about it and it won't be noticable anymore.... until you throw your stocks back on. That was my experience.

When I had my Camaro at the track....whether I ran 15s, 16s or 17s my ets would change, only because of the overall tires diameter. 8lbs extra a wheel shouldnt make a noticable difference. Going from stock rear 16s to 19s with the same diameter shouldnt do much. Your rpms are the same at speed? 3k rpm @60mph or so? I dont get it.

8lb per wheel might not sound like much, but thats 32lb of unsprung weight, big difference from say 32lb in the interior for instance. Imo, thats huge! This is one reason I have my 19/18 combo for trade for 18/17.

Heck yeah, HP evo's are hoggish in weight. Actually just about *any* 18/19 setups is a gonna be hoggish in comparision to the stocks. Stock wheels are INCREDIBLY fun when you go back to them for some reason or another lol. Car feels like a rocket in comparison and it steers with soooo much more ease.

I agree, they are some of the best looking rims out there. If you dont track the car I cant imagine that this will kill the performance of the car. I will keep my funny looking 15/16 setup for when I really want to feel that 270HP....lol

Why do you say they are POS? I've had them a year, they are still in great shape, I think they are great rims. They look better than most that are out there in my opinion.

I said "HEAVY POS"... I know they look nice and cheap in price. Of course if you take care of your car and wheels they will be in good shape. They look very similar to BBS rims, but yet no one seems to say BBS are nice (because of the price)
IIRC, those HPs required spacers (which means they weren't meant for our beloved NSXs)

I agree, they are some of the best looking rims out there. If you dont track the car I cant imagine that this will kill the performance of the car. I will keep my funny looking 15/16 setup for when I really want to feel that 270HP....lol

I said "HEAVY POS"... I know they look nice and cheap in price. Of course if you take care of your car and wheels they will be in good shape. They look very similar to BBS rims, but yet no one seems to say BBS are nice (because of the price)
IIRC, those HPs required spacers (which means they weren't meant for our beloved NSXs)

and hubcentrics.... but most every wheel out there except for custom bore or oem will require that.

NA1/2-R just sounds he really likes to hate on these wheels. Do you have a personal thing against these wheels? Did you have a set before? You sound like you know alot about them to hate them so much. What type of rims do you think people should look into?
They look good and are cheap WTF is wrong with that? I forgot, Got to get maximum performance from my monster got keep them OEM's chicks dig them LOL
OK, I will admit it. Would I like some lighter rims? HELL YEAH.
IS there anything for the nsx that looks good and are light under $2000?? NO. Or if you do know of some please direct me to them I need some.
Do I have $4000 (rims/tires)to drop in the ones I want ??
YEAH, but I pay for my items cash do not use my credit cards. So I ll get them when I feel like throwing away some cash(thinking next month:tongue: lol)
But what's wrong with rims and tires that are priced great and look 100,000,000,000,000 times better than your stocks 15/16's????????
I was looking at another thread weighing out volks 18/19's and they were like a 8-14 total lbs difference in the home scale. I will try to find it and post it here.
But to be fair I will say there is barely difference in the feel of it when going from 15/16 to 18/19. But if you go back to 15/16's from 18/19 you will feel a difference in a positive way. But it will still look like your ugly POS oem's:tongue: LOL

Last edited:
Well let's not turn this into a fight, everyone can have their own opinion. It sucks when people knock on things you own and like, but as long as you like it who cares what others think.

NA1/2-R just sounds he really likes to hate on these wheels. Do you have a personal thing against these wheels? Did you have a set before? You sound like you know alot about them to hate them so much. What type of rims do you think people should look into?
They look good and are cheap WTF is wrong with that? I forgot, Got to get maximum performance from my monster got keep them OEM's chicks dig them LOL
OK, I will admit it. Would I like some lighter rims? HELL YEAH.
IS there anything for the nsx that looks good and are light under $2000?? NO. Or if you do know of some please direct me to them I need some.
Do I have $4000 (rims/tires)to drop in the ones I want ??
YEAH, but I pay for my items cash do not use my credit cards. So I ll get them when I feel like throwing away some cash(thinking next month:tongue: lol)
But what's wrong with rims and tires that are priced great and look 100,000,000,000,000 times better than your stocks 15/16's????????
I was looking at another thread weighing out volks 18/19's and they were like a 8-14 total lbs difference in the home scale. I will try to find it and post it here.
But to be fair I will say there is barely difference in the feel of it when going from 15/16 to 18/19. But if you go back to 15/16's from 18/19 you will feel a difference in a positive way. But it will still look like your ugly POS oem's:tongue: LOL

Damn bud, chill out. I don't what I said for you to include me with the response. But since you asked, there are alot of "nicer looking" (obviously varies from person to person) wheels for $2000 and under that are also lighter. I just don't care enough to go looking to prove anything but they do exist and I don't care enough to try to prove anyone right or wrong because "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". 18/19's in general are boat anchors though. You really can't get much bigger than 17/18 if you want to be marginally lightweight unless you got the cheez to back it up. I never said I didn't like the looks of the HP evo's because I was actually in the market to buy a set. That is until I found out there were none left in america that I could find and the manufacturer had no clue when the next container would make it in. Or that the container coming in contained only the 18's but NOT the 19's, etc etc.

BTW, who gives a damn if the "chicks" dig the bling? That makes yourself look bad. Hell, I picked up more women in my 93 and 94 ford ranger pick up with dents than any car or motorcycle ever has for me. My nsx is for ME and ME only. Well sorta, my 2 year old daughter loves to go driving with me :)

I seriously do love my pizza cutters because they're worlds of fun to drive around on, but they do look like crap. That's why I drive WAY too fast and never stop long enough for someone to focus in on them when I have them on lol.

BTW, our stocks come ALSO in 16/17, and 17/17 and there are different types and colors even in the same size. There are lots of nice stocks out there on our cars. Look at the 02+ type R wheels, those are pretty slick, simple, LIGHT and can be had at the price of $2000 and under if you look around.

You can get them (02+ type r wheels with tires) for less than $2k??
Hot chix do like nice rims.......but you are right, I got more ass in my 1980 camaro than Fabio!!

Originally Posted by KooLaid: 18/19's in general are boat anchors though. You really can't get much bigger than 17/18 if you want to be marginally lightweight unless you got the cheez to back it up. I never said I didn't like the looks of the HP evo's because I was actually in the market to buy a set. That is until I found out there were none left in america that I could find and the manufacturer had no clue when the next container would make it in. Or that the container coming in contained only the 18's but NOT the 19's, etc etc.
I seriously do love my pizza cutters because they're worlds of fun to drive around on, but they do look like crap. That's why I drive WAY too fast and never stop long enough for someone to focus in on them when I have them on lol.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
hahhaha I know what you mean I use to do the same LOL
Koolaid I was in agreement with you and thats why I included you comment in my quote I was only talking to the hater who in every hp wheel thread like to comment on the weight when everyone knows 18/19 will be heavy no matter what brand you get under $2000. Yes, I know stocks come in 16/17 and 17/17 too and they look much nicer than 15/16's. But paying almost $2000 for oem rims are kinda crazy to me. Like I said they are no wheels 18/19 under $2000 that are light (not just lighter but light wheels) and look decent.
By the way chicks dig them comment was me being sarcastic thats why it had a LOL after it saying Laugh Out Loud as a joke. I use to jump on bart/train just to get numbers/pick up chicks all day, all over the Bay Area so please save me the I got more ass in my bucket story. I don't need anything but my mouth to speak out of to get them, not even a ford pick up just my two legs to walk over and one big mouth to talk out of. LOL haha.

damn, wish I had a tram/train/subway ride to work in the morning...now, lol.

F#ck, in the bay if you're driving, NO ONE likes you cause you and the thousands of other cars are slowing them down to where ever they're going! The only time you're gonna get ANY digits is when you rear end someone or someone rear ends you!

damn, wish I had a tram/train/subway ride to work in the morning...now, lol.

F#ck, in the bay if you're driving, NO ONE likes you cause you and the thousands of other cars are slowing them down to where ever they're going! The only time you're gonna get ANY digits is when you rear end someone or someone rear ends you!

^^^SO TRUE ^^^^^
LOL

Back