• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My New System Pics!!!!!!!

This looks nice! Great job. My question is do you have to take both of your seats out to get the stereo box in/out of your car? Also, what size subs are you running?

Thanks for the compliments guys!
NSX-ANIMAL- With my normal comfortable seat setting I still have two inches until my seat hits the sub box.
1TITENSX-Yes,in order to get the sub box out both seats must come out.I am running two 10" subs.
MALIBU RAPPER-I had the tool box removed from trunk and had the trunk floor raised and carpeted.The amp and Alpine multi CD player is mounted in the trunk.
List of components: 1)Alpine head unit with 7" screen
2)Two Diamond Audio speakers(rear deck)
3)Two JL Audio 10" subs
4)Phoenix Gold Amp
5)Alpine multi disk cd changer

Oh, I thought you had door speakers too which is why I was asking what amp was powering the sub. Are you just running rear mounted speakers and no front stage? That can't sound good... But I see two sets of crossovers so there must be speakers in the door right?

Ok, so you have door speakers and rear speakers. That's 4 channels. What's powering the subwoofer? I believe that amp you have in your spare tire well is only 4 channels. Not unless you're running the 2 sets of components in parallel which doesn't give u fading capabilities.

Nice job.

the center console looks good, especially the color. what kind of paint did you use? and color code? how close is it compared to your door panel trim pieces? I cant seem to find a good match for my 2002.

nsxtar said:
Nice job.

the center console looks good, especially the color. what kind of paint did you use? and color code? how close is it compared to your door panel trim pieces? I cant seem to find a good match for my 2002.
The installer took the color code from the door jam.Then he sent it out to a painter to paint it.Thanks for the compliments!

sweet sound system but how tall are you? im 5'11 and im planning to do the same thing but with 8' subs. thanks :D

phanirl said:
sweet sound system but how tall are you? im 5'11 and im planning to do the same thing but with 8' subs. thanks :D
I am 5'7" and I sit comfortable with 2" to spare before the seat would press up against the sub. The only draw back is that I used to put the seat back when I was getting out of the car to make it easier.Now I can't put the seat back as far as I used to.I still can get out very easily.The system sounds so awesome I find myself staying in the car longer now anyhow!!!!!Thanks for the compliments.

once again sweet system, but your only 5'7 and im 5'11 im worried that i wont be able to reach my comfortable seat settings as i usually sit pretty far back anyways :confused:

musclesmarinara said:
HEY, I JUST FINESHED MY SYSTEM!IT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE!!I TOOK THE SUB OUT FROM THE PASSENGER FOOT WELL AND HAD TWO SUBS INSTALLED.(ONE BEHIND EACH SEAT)ALSO INSTALLED TWO DIAMOND AUDIO SPEAKERS IN THE NEW REAR DECK.MAN THIS SYSTEM ROCKS!!CHECK OUT PICS HERE.http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/musclesmarinara2/album?.dir=/af2f

Wow - your new stereo must be so loud that you have to shout now to hear yourself. :D

Looks like a nice setup and I am sure it rocks. Out of curiosity - any idea how much all that stuff weighs and any estimate of the costs?

I'm 6'1, don't think that'd work for me :(

I think the use of fixed bucket seats would give extra space..

I'm thinking to install 2 12" shallow mounts behind the seats but I'll be using fixed bucket seats..

btw, Nice system!

Guys, Thank You for all the compliments!The system really sounds awesome.I would not recommend this set up to anyone over 5'7".The seats will not go back far enough to sit comfortable.Finally, being a little on the shorter side pays off!!!! ;)

Muscles,

Nice job.

BTW, if you use all caps in your post(s) it means your shouting.

Back