• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX and S2K

Hoping to join this club! Need a bigger garage though :frown:

You need something like that!

dsc4687n.jpg

You need something like that!

dsc4687n.jpg

Yes, yes I do! But that means I need a bigger garage vertically too :frown: I think ours is less than 8.5 feet tall. These newly built homes...the garages are so small. Used to be a 20x20 would be the minimum and with a 9-10ft ceiling. I think ours is 16x16 and can fit basically a sedan and another car with no space for anything in front of the cars.

I also have both cars:)

Attachments

• CIMG3097.jpg
    CIMG3097.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20110407_084316[1].jpg
    IMG_20110407_084316[1].jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 126
Very nice collection!

I still have a soft spot for s2ks and want one really bad. Love these pics.

For those of you who have driven AP1s and AP2s, which do you recommend for daily driving? Seems like the AP2 is better for it from what I hear but the AP1 is great for the track. I just seem to find alot more AP1s in my area, but usually with a decent amount of history. Some are maintained really well though. I like that most of their owners are very enthusiastic (like NSX owners).

Also, anyone had any thefts? That's my biggest concern...slashed tops. I don't keep many valuables in my car but the whole issue just seems like a big inconvenience. I'm also not a big convertible guy (or targa), but doubt I would fork over the money for a hardtop unless the car came with it.

I have my s2k since 7 years and I tried couple times ap2 and CR. I can tell I prefer the ap1 (02-03) for the 9k rpm engine. More fun to drive then a ap2. It's a special feeling to shift at 9k, specialy when ypu have a other car like the NSX where you can shift at 8k with a V6 engine...like the ap2.

The advantage of the ap2 is a little bit more predictable at the limit. First gen of ap2, I feel suspension too soft. I think the 2008-2009 are the best ap2 to have, they are little bit hard. You need better skills to drive at limit the ap1. I have Tein Monoflex on my s2k and I LOVE IT.

But the best s2k on the market is the CR. Specialy if you dont like the soft top.

Last edited:
I have my s2k since 7 years and I tried couple times ap2 and CR. I can tell I prefer the ap1 (02-03) for the 9k rpm engine. More fun to drive then a ap2. It's a special feeling to shift at 9k, specialy when ypu have a other car like the NSX where you can shift at 8k with a V6 engine...like the ap2.

The advantage of the ap2 is a little bit more predictable at the limit. First gen of ap2, I feel suspension too soft. I think the 2008-2009 are the best ap2 to have, they are little bit hard. You need better skills to drive at limit the ap1. I have Tein Monoflex on my s2k and I LOVE IT.

But the best s2k on the market is the CR. Specialy if you dont like the soft top.

you could always just gut it out :D

5635875514_0d51ca6823.jpg

If you buy a ap1, take a 02-03.
Better tunning on the ecu, suspension and sway bar are not the same, tweeter in the doors, back glass window, no mica, leather center console, almost no TSB by Honda.

Try to get a extra clean one. One owner or two, not to much millage. S2000 kept value when you have a clean title, original paint. Ap1 in great shape are rarer. You will pay more for a car like that, but you will no regret.

Hi all, here a update.

Installed oem 02-05 rear valence
H&R 15mm and 25mm spacers
CT engineering GenII exhaust
KW V3 coilovers.

Next: SOS header !

Thanks to Prime to helping me to find all informations that I need to complete my mods. :)

Pics on the fly with my iPhone, sorry.

file.php

file.php

Last edited:
s2k and nsx owner here as well! I've had 3 of them! :biggrin:

I've had 2 S2000's, and they are great cars. Finally sold the 04, and actually sold it for more than I paid for it (all stock, and low mileage) - had people calling from all over the country wanting it. Great cars - never a problem.

I miss it, but sold it (along with my 91 NSX) when I found a great 01 NSX with 11k miles on it. And can still get that open air feeling with the top off.

The S2000 is simply a really fun car to drive - especially past the 5k tach mark.

Jay

Black/Red 2000 S2K w/glass window top, Berk Cat, Invidia Exhaust and 04' Radio w/Polk speakers.

Red/black 1996 NSX with soooo many small mods that make life nicer and a few big mods(CTSC Autorotor, CT Intake, DC Sports Header, GTRom vers. 5.1 exhaust,short gears, 4.23 R&P, Tein RA's, Zanardi wheels and on and on.
I really got to get off my butt and do the work to list it for sale.

Truth be known, I like the S2000 more.

^ ^
Funny , because I must say, I enjoy driving my S2000 a little more too. It had a nice set of JRZ coilovers on it though :)

Think the S2k was more of a "fun" car. As for which one I would rather live with everyday, rounding middle age now it would be the NSX. My first s2k (AP1) I bought when I was qite a bit younger, was perfect at the time. Before I purchased the NSX, I got into a AP2 for a few months, and it was to small/loud/etc for me.

2001 S2000

s2k3.jpg

s2k5.jpg

93 NSX (about 10 minutes after purchasing it)
download1.jpg

And my first REAL honda ;-) 2003 RSX type S (excuse the CF hood, this picture was taken back in 05)

100_0347.jpg

one day I hope I will own both like you! Just one more to go...

Although my NSX isnt GPW... Im stil super happy to have both and dream sort of came true!

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 2 (3).JPG
    photo 2 (3).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 37
  • photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 37
Back