• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX buying experience and social media...

This is not a company plug, believe me, we have entirely too much work on our plate now.

One of our journalists/writers thought that my NSX buying experience made a great point about social media. In fact, he summarized the story nicely here (even though he messed up a few of the figures, I think 267 silver NSX's were imported in 91) and made an excellent point about social media. I can't tell you how many social media campaigns fail because they aren't based on transparency and contribution- no one wants to hear a "features and benefits" pitch unless the poster has contributed, whether it be a paid vendor or other.

Anyway, here is a link to the story. I want to thank everyone on this board for helping me find my car, for going above any beyond during my due diligence process. I am eager to help contribute to this community and if anyone is in Atlanta, the next round is on me (seriously). Just as an aside, our office is in the heart of Buckhead and would make a great parking lot for an NSX meet/ cookout area.

link

Last edited:
Good article and thanks for sharing....enjoy the car!

Random experience today- had a client interview today with a fortune 500 co, this client was dead set on using us to "seed forums and communities with brochure based content about our product offerings."

Yeah, welcome to 1994 and the birth of the spammer. I am continually amazed at how some people become CMO's. Needless to say, I/we will not be doing business with this prospect.

Rant over.

Back