• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX vs Ford GT

Our other cars: 2006 XLR-V Silver/ 2006 S55 Silver / 2006 Mini Cooper S Green / 2006 SSR Red / 2005 Ford GT Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd[/QUOTE]

:cool: Doesn't leave much to hope for in heaven's garage! :wink:

Great back-up to NetViper's original review.

Thanks
Bob

Daedalus - I keep most of the cars in a 40 x 110 building. One side has 6 ten foot doors and 1 14 foot door. I can keep 8 cars ready to go behind the doors. Along the back I have 5 four post lifts, this let's me keep up to 15 cars along the back wall. Also have an 8 door drive through garage, 4 doors on each side that the wife and daughters use.

Mirroredshades - I will try to take a few pictures this weekend. The NSX is black so it always looks dirty, have to clean her up for the photo shoot

Bob Kenney - Who needs cars when you have your own set of wings:biggrin:

Steve T said:
I really think the interior is not bad at all, mostly black leather and aluminum. At least the seat backs are carbon fiber.

The interior isn't that bad. The rubber on the shift knob and e-brake is horrid though.

The seats are awesome!

Steve T. You are still my hero! Can I take a vacation in your garage some day?:biggrin:

Mirroredshades said:
I took a look at one the other day. I too was suprised at how quiet it was. I parked my NSX nose to nose with it and they are remarkably similar from the side. Definately wider. I didn't drive it b/c there is no way I could afford it.

If any one is interested, there is a Red/White one at Ceiner-Woods Ford in Kernersville, NC. They also have a White/Blue one that should arrive in about a month.
I'll go look today!!!!

Steve, are you adopting? ;)

I jus got a performance ride in one...Ford GT

ediddynsx said:
Steve, are you adopting? ;)
I found it to be fast, but not brutally so, and precise. A muscular NSX...probably what a blown NSX feels like...but maybe heavier.

I love the look of the GT. (I was at a Ford convention in Vegas a while back and got to see the car well before it was available to the public.) At 6' 7", though, I kinda doubt I would fit in one, but I fit in my NSX just fine without any mods. Snug, but fine...

Here in Vegas ---a big "car town"--- I see another NSX maybe once in 2-4 weeks. I now see GT's almost as often. BUT.... A couple of weeks ago I saw a GT near my house, ABANDONED ---due to breakdown--- with its engine lid popped and the windows DOWN!!! In 16-17 years, I've never seen an NSX on the side of the road.

Skylark

Ford GT is a straight up INCREDIBLE looking car.. gotta be tough to not lose it and buy one if you can afford it.. though for 150k you do hava a ton of options

new GT
new Gallardo
used Diablo
used 360
austin martin vantage
bently continental gt

CHRIST how do you choose..

SexyNsx said:
Ford GT is a straight up INCREDIBLE looking car.. gotta be tough to not lose it and buy one if you can afford it.. though for 150k you do hava a ton of options

new GT
new Gallardo
used Diablo
used 360
austin martin vantage
bently continental gt

Christ!!
even makes armed robbery sound like a good idea! :eek: :biggrin:
We can escape incognito with a band of NSXs.

Last edited:
SexyNsx said:
new GT
new Gallardo
used Diablo
used 360
austin martin vantage
bently continental gt

It couldn't be easier....

Gallardo = junk
Diablo = junk
360 = junk
Vantage = not a sports car
Bentley = not a sports car

Ford GT = no brainer

Hugh said:
It couldn't be easier....

Gallardo = junk
Diablo = junk
360 = junk
Vantage = not a sports car
Bentley = not a sports car

Ford GT = no brainer

LOL Hugh......:tongue:

I plan to buy one of those junks in the future =P......you meany you! :tongue: :redface:

Hugh said:
Ford GT = no brainer

It's a mystery for me that Hugh accepts the Ford GT but hate almost every other sportscar on the market. Why Ford GT Hugh?

Just look at it! It is a timeless beauty like the NSX. The only question is its reliability. I'm willing to take that risk. I bought the service manual months ago and have read it from cover to cover so I'm pretty familiar with the car.

Lambos (except the Muira) are like cartoon characters. They have an initial "wow" factor but quickly get tired to look at. Reliabilty is a joke, service and parts costs are astronomical.

Ferraris are pretty to look at but they are very feminine. How can you sit in one and not feel like Pee Wee Herman? They are also notoriously unreliable and cost an arm and a leg to keep running. The fact that they come from the factory with a fire extinguisher in the passenger compartment should be your first clue to stay away. Plus the dealer network is the textbook definition of scumbags.

Porsches are just plain ugly. Not to mention the fact that they are as common as streetwalkers on 8th Ave. I'd buy the Brooklyn Bridge before I'd buy a car with the motor hanging out over the rear axle.

I buy a car to DRIVE it. My first exotic was a 1986 Lotus Turbo Esprit and I drove it 40,000 miles the first year. It had numerous problems and after a year I simply got fed up. My first NSX was a new 1993 which was like a gift from God back in 1993. I was living in NYC at the time and insurance, garage and personal reasons forced me to sell it a year later with 45,000 miles on the clock.

Since then I've suffered the pain of ownership of a Diablo, a Viper and a another Lotus. I'm going to take a shot with the Ford GT since it is a relatively simple machine compared to the over-engineered crap coming out of Europe these days. We'll see if history repeats itself. :)

At least there's a new NSX on the horizon.

hugh, what were the issues with the viper? just curious since that was one of the other cars i looked at before i decided i was hooked on "X"

The costs to own my viper consisted of 2 things, BRAKES and TIRES both needed replacing pretty often

so lets see tires

2x rear = 900
2x front = 700
and brakes (depending on what you get)

it's expensive..

other than that the car seemed pretty problem free.. standard dodge crap which is cheap..

Khajjathefang said:
hugh, what were the issues with the viper? just curious since that was one of the other cars i looked at before i decided i was hooked on "X"

It was a bitch as a daily driver. Uncomfortable, poor ergonomics and it roasted you.

Hugh said:
Just look at it! It is a timeless beauty like the NSX. The only question is its reliability. I'm willing to take that risk. I bought the service manual months ago and have read it from cover to cover so I'm pretty familiar with the car.

Lambos (except the Muira) are like cartoon characters. They have an initial "wow" factor but quickly get tired to look at. Reliabilty is a joke, service and parts costs are astronomical.

Ferraris are pretty to look at but they are very feminine. How can you sit in one and not feel like Pee Wee Herman? They are also notoriously unreliable and cost an arm and a leg to keep running. The fact that they come from the factory with a fire extinguisher in the passenger compartment should be your first clue to stay away. Plus the dealer network is the textbook definition of scumbags.

Porsches are just plain ugly. Not to mention the fact that they are as common as streetwalkers on 8th Ave. I'd buy the Brooklyn Bridge before I'd buy a car with the motor hanging out over the rear axle.

I buy a car to DRIVE it. My first exotic was a 1986 Lotus Turbo Esprit and I drove it 40,000 miles the first year. It had numerous problems and after a year I simply got fed up. My first NSX was a new 1993 which was like a gift from God back in 1993. I was living in NYC at the time and insurance, garage and personal reasons forced me to sell it a year later with 45,000 miles on the clock.

Since then I've suffered the pain of ownership of a Diablo, a Viper and a another Lotus. I'm going to take a shot with the Ford GT since it is a relatively simple machine compared to the over-engineered crap coming out of Europe these days. We'll see if history repeats itself. :)

I understand :)

Hugh said:
Lambos (except the Muira) are like cartoon characters.....Reliabilty is a joke,

Ferraris are pretty to look at but they are very feminine. How can you sit in one and not feel like Pee Wee Herman? .......The fact that they come from the factory with a fire extinguisher in the passenger compartment should be your first clue to stay away. Plus the dealer network is the textbook definition of scumbags.

I buy a car to DRIVE it.......

I couldent agree more Thats how I would of said it! I love the word scumbag it really wraps up feeling for someone so well.:biggrin:

My Gen 2 was totally comfortable, it drove very comfortably.. easy to shift.. easy to sit in (big puffy seats) and BIG steering wheel that turned easily.. I had no problems with it..min was an RT/10

I could easily daily drive it ( I didn't ) but if I had to it wouldn't be a problem..

Of course it's hard to just drive that car normally all the time.. just like any supercar you get the urge to push it a little.. that is when bad things happen..

comapred to my Esprit/Elise the Viper was by far the most comfortable.. very similar to a vette as far as interior space goes.. I did notice the cabin heat..

I think it's just OVERKILL for daily driving.. wayyy too much torque on hand day to day.. make one slip up with your foot and your ass is in a wall..

Well said. Sounds like one of my posts..:wink:

Hugh said:

Back