• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX's New Brother: 2007 CLK550 Renntech Widebody

I decided I like the black emblems for now and will definitely do tint soon... Other than that I am debating on if I should paint the BBK.

are you kidding me... murder that car.. id tint the front windshiel and take the ticket

tink the headlights and tail lights... black ano the renteck emblem and eveything not black.

this is a baller world.. you gotta be the baller dood

Lol, my brother asked me if I found drugs in the seats when it arrived and told me it looks like a drug-dealer-mobile.

Dude, I love this car. I got a chance to drive it (around the parking lot when Aamir wasn't looking :biggrin:) and it sounds like a beast, and looks the part too. The sickest CLK I've ever seen....besides the black series.

Reminds me of my sisters C63, which I'm driving since she's outta town. :smile:

Dude, I love this car. I got a chance to drive it (around the parking lot when Aamir wasn't looking :biggrin:) and it sounds like a beast, and looks the part too. The sickest CLK I've ever seen....besides the black series.

Reminds me of my sisters C63, which I'm driving since she's outta town. :smile:

+1 i got a ride in a while back and it was waaayyy faster than i thought it would be. Very nice.

:) I think the weight reduction goes a looong way, the clk is the the lightest Benz next to the SLK I believe. Weighs around 3600 lbs stock which is less than the newest m3, and I think I have about 200 lbs of more weight taken out of mine. I need to weigh and dyno it! I finally did a writeup on the car for the Mercedes guys so I will share it here too:

Weight Reduction:
OEM hood replaced with VIS Carbon Fiber Hood
Spare Tire delete / Toolkit delete
Aluminum Sheet Metal trunk floor
Trunk Lid carpeting/trim removed
Center Console removed
OEM carpet removed and replaced with lightweight carpeting

Exterior:
Custom Widebody Front and Rear w/ Paint
CLK63 Front Bumper
CL63 Rear Bumper
Trunk Lid Spoiler
All chrome painted black

Wheels, Suspension, Brakes:
20" HRE P40s with 255 and 305 width tires
Bilstein PSS9 Coilover Suspension
Renntech GT BBK: 14.2" 6-piston Front, 13" 4-piston Rear

Power Delivery:
ALL NA 5.5L Motor + 7-speed transmission
Renntech Short Tube Headers
Renntech Dual Exhaust (Quad-tip)
Renntech ECU

Interior:
CLK63 Black Series Steering Wheel w/ Shift Paddles
Suede Headliner
Suede Accents
Renntech Badge on Ashtray Door

Estimated Weight: 3400 lbs
Estimated Power Output: 425-450 HP

Last edited:
Want to solicit opinions on an idea I had- I may create a set of 19" Hamann PG3 wheels custom built for this car. They would be made from yet another set of 18" PG2's that I have sitting around. The 20s are a bit of a headache for daily driving and it gets old real quick, I think they look phenomenal but the benz guys all seem to favor the P40. The other advantage is that I will be able to utilize the full widebody potential of the car, meaning ridiculous lip sizes-- think 5" rear stepped lip easy.

What do you guys think of PG3 vs the P40?

Attachments

• CLK_02_HRE_P40.jpg
    CLK_02_HRE_P40.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 48
  • CLK_hamann_PG3.jpg
    CLK_hamann_PG3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Back