• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My355 Finally Got My Pilots Licence!!!

Wow it's been a lot of hard work and it sure ain't cheap BUT the foundation
is there the goal is to purchase and fly a jet.

The 1st trip will be in a turbo Cessna to Vegas w/ April and my buddy
Ed and his girl.

The 1st solo was like a blurr.

2nd solo was a bit unnerving caught in crosswinds and loosing
sight of the runway as a jet and I were both wanting to be in the same place at once.:eek:

The last solo X-country was all the above severe X-winds:confused: @ 1st landing spot (then found the ONE rain cloud in AZ in 150 days right over my plane),trying to fit the plane between the clouds and mountain turbulance on the way to landing #2 and then back home to Chandler (that was like ahhhh.........finally).:smile: :wink:

After learning to handle multiple engine out emergency landings in training,stall training,spin training,and a full acrobatic course including loops,barrel rolls and some other crazy SH!T. I have a whole new perspective on life.:tongue:

Many many hours w/ the help of April my more patient,smarter half:biggrin: the checkride is done .

I'll say one thing you definatly get to practice self controll and learn how to talk yourself through some pretty heavy stuff.:wink:
As well as get a chance to practice and put to work your faith and get the results.

I'm sure it's different for everyone but someone must have thought I was paying attention in class.

Thank you guys for your support, and positive input through it all!

MY355

Re: My355 Finally Got My Pilots LicenSe!!!

cheers to your new feathers!!
as a reference, please spend several hours reading these:
http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/month.asp

all flights have good intentions, some end badly.
never stop perfecting how you fly.:wink:

Hey Bill & April,

Congratulations! And great to have you back on the forum.

So the man with the biggest wing has even BIGGER wings now. What's next - the space shuttle? :D

Any photos of you & the plane (so we can photoshop it all yellow & black. ;) )

Congrats on slipping the surly bonds! Learning to fly really is a life-changing experience on many levels........glad to have another NSX'er (well, former NSX'er :tongue: ) up in the friendly skies with the rest of us! :smile:

Super proud of you, Bill. Let me know if you need a lunch partner for a $100 burger sometime. :D

Re: My355 Finally Got My Pilots LicenSe!!!

jalnjr said:
cheers to your new feathers!!
as a reference, please spend several hours reading these:
http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/month.asp

all flights have good intentions, some end badly.
never stop perfecting how you fly.:wink:

DITTO THAT "I READ THESE AS WELL AS 2 OTHER PUBLICATIONS SIMILAR TO THAT .Pilot error/pilot error/ pilot error .Flying is inherently UNFORGIVING!!

Thank you for the reminder.There are those that want sto see me home at the end of a flight.

MY355

SMALL IMPROVEMENTS EVERY DAY IN EVERY WAY ,NEVER CEASING,NEVER ENDING!!!

NeoNSX said:
Hey Bill & April,

Congratulations! And great to have you back on the forum.

So the man with the biggest wing has even BIGGER wings now. What's next - the space shuttle? :D

Any photos of you & the plane (so we can photoshop it all yellow & black. ;) )

IFR BABY!!:smile:
THEN COMMERCIAL:wink:
THEN JET RATING!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bill,

Congrats!!!!!

You can now safley say you are no longer a "Earth loving Biped,"

I have been a Pilot my whole life and have been a Captain in many different airplanes, (747, DC-10, 737, etc) but my most fondest memory was my first solo! Always the best moment in a Pilot's life. Cross country flying will set you free!

Congrats again!:wink:

Back