• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mystery Comptech box....

I replaced the clutch this weekend in a 1992 with a 6-speed conversion. One of the connectors comes from a part in the bottom outside drivers side of the transmission to a 4"x4" black plastic sealed box with a Comptech sticker that is connected in-line with the speed sensor. Anyone know what this is? It seems everything works correctly, and I'm not sure why this was needed. Maybe for the 6-speed conversion? Any help is appreciated.

I replaced the clutch this weekend in a 1992 with a 6-speed conversion. One of the connectors comes from a part in the bottom outside drivers side of the transmission to a 4"x4" black plastic sealed box with a Comptech sticker that is connected in-line with the speed sensor. Anyone know what this is? It seems everything works correctly, and I'm not sure why this was needed. Maybe for the 6-speed conversion? Any help is appreciated.

I believe it's the reverse lockout box.

Back