• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 brake pad/rotor options

Any recommendation for non track use brake pads/ rotors? My oem is old and probably need update.

Purpose is non track use - canyon runs, spirited driving.

I was looking at Powerslot w Hawk ceramic pads at SOS but their pricing isnt the most competitive.

For non-track use, the OEM brake pads, rotors are just fine. They provide plenty of stopping power and do not dust up over time. In fact the OEM pads are extremely good for keeping brake dust to a minimum.
At NSXPO2015, I installed Carbotech AX6 (Panther Plus) pads with OEM rotors as they do stop the car much, much faster and are rotor friendly for the track, but boy do they dust up. My wheels went from silver to black in one day of track use. Brake Clean was required to get the dust off as the very hot conditions baked the brake dust right into the wheel paint. (Carbotech AX6 are not for every day use)
As soon as I returned from NSXPO, my OEM pads (labeled) went back on the car and the Carbotech AX6 got labeled and put back in the box until the next track day.

Thanks for the feedback. I will continue to use oem rotors as they have life.
Carbotech may be a bit aggressive thus lots of dust. Maybe something a bit less ? In my race car, i squeak and wheels get all dusty - but not on my street NSX.. I want to keep my wheels somewhat clean.

Any other options/experience of diff pad from other users?

I went with these centric drilled rotors from sos a few years ago,partly because I like how drilled rotors look (it seemed doubtful that they function any better) and partly because they were a fair amount cheaper than OEM at the time,but I don't think they are now-

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...pads/power-slot-slotted-brake-rotors-952.html

i got and recommend OEM pads at the same time,they are great,lots of stopping power and very little dust as mentioned

Back