• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 questions

Hi Guys,

Looking at a number of higher mileage NA1s here in Cali. About to pull trigger.

Question:

1. What do you guys make of Carfax report "gaps" where there are years that do not register?
2. How would you arrange for a PPI if car is already at a Honda dealer (I dont know any mechanics). Would you ask the same dealer to give you an official PPI report?
3. Would you negotiate a service contract with the dealer in order to get the price down? (ie for future services). If so how would you do that?
4. What is the easiest way to check for possible prior accidents? There are no VIN stickers for the older NA models correct?

Thanks so much for your help and guidance on this.

Where in California are you located? There is plenty of expertise in both NorCal and SoCal.

No to 2, 3. It depends on 1, each car and story is different, need to investigate. On 4 - take it to independent place that a) knows NSX b) knows basics of body/frame repair. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks solidol, I am in OC. Looking at this one from the dealer:
JH4NA1152MT000300 - was apparently traded in for a new NSX. No history on it...

Thanks solidol, I am in OC. Looking at this one from the dealer:
JH4NA1152MT000300 - was apparently traded in for a new NSX. No history on it...
Give Ramon from Niguel Motors a call. Coordinate with the dealer when to bring Ramon in for inspection. I would never use PPI by the dealer, not to mention the selling one. It's ridiculous to consider. What does nsxprime search on that vin yield?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It looks like it was a one or two owner car. I'd give the Newport Auto Care place a call to see what services they did on the car. It looks like it was cared for pretty well. I also agree on getting a PPI by an independent mechanic. You have one of the best available.

That is @SeaSharp 's old car that he traded in recently for an NC1. Very well known active member of our SoCal community here. Having been around it many times I personally think it's excellent and wouldn't hesitate to buy, but if you need reassurance, talking to Ramon at Niguel Motors is your best bet as he knows the car.

Also I agree w Roman. Definitely skip 3. Given you are in OC just use Ramon for service, he'll know more about these cars than any dealer will.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call 68k high mileage. 100k+ maybe. I'd check the following from my experience buying
a 98 last fall: AC fan works on all speeds. Radio static when changing volume. Struts for engine/trunk lids.
Tire age. Windshield washer squirts. Key opens doors. Run car up to 70+(100) mph and hit brakes hard to test
for warped front rotors. Timing belt service, costs $2500 to change so that's $400 per year if not done recently.
https://www.socalacuradealers.com/vehicle-details/used-1991-acura-nsx-nsx-JH4NA1152MT000300

Last edited:
Hey SeaSharp! Thx for reaching out! Do you mind either allowing me to reach you by email or phone? Or is there a private chat forum here?
Thx so much!

Back