• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1's are getting a lot of attention today

I thought the Pearl was NSX-R / JDM specific.

Oh that’s an imported one. It’s right hand drive.

Last edited:
It's called Neutron White Pearl. JDM only color.

I can only image what it looks like in person. I guess I could buy it and find out, but the wife wouldn't be too pleased. :) It would be interesting to see how much it goes for. Maybe we will see more NSX sold on C&B in the future? Time will tell.

I can only image what it looks like in person. I guess I could buy it and find out, but the wife wouldn't be too pleased. :) It would be interesting to see how much it goes for. Maybe we will see more NSX sold on C&B in the future? Time will tell.

You can always paint over your car. But why would you want to cover up a gorgeous color like Spa Yellow? :) I guess that settles it- you need a second NSX. :D

You can always paint over your car. But why would you want to cover up a gorgeous color like Spa Yellow? :) I guess that settles it- you need a second NSX. :D

HAHA, Yes, more is better. I like it. :D
Plus, I can park them so the passenger doors are super close, which will make it easier to open the driver side doors.

That was probably one of the shortest quirks & features segments ever. Gotta thank Doug for pumping up the market for JDM NA1's with how much he lavished praises in the vid :biggrin:.

The car he reviewed was up for sale by Toprank Importers (now International Vehicle Importers) (Edit: not really, they say they were hacked on FB? OK...) for $100k for a few weeks/months, I guess they worked out a deal for Doug to review it and they'd list it on Cars and Bids. I wonder if it'll get close to their asking, looks pretty much flawless from the video, much better presented than mine at the same mileage :rolleyes:. I'd be scared to drive it at that price though. Toprank imported a RHD M/T black NSX back in Jan for $60k asking that had great mods done and would be a much better driver's car.

I'm sure the Weezard will have fun with the other NSX, maybe he can start his own DIY thread here for his experience fixing the window regulators, lol.

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed how everyone- no matter who- smiles when they drive the NSX? Honda really nailed it with this car.

That was probably one of the shortest quirks & features segments ever. Gotta thank Doug for pumping up the market for JDM NA1's with how much he lavished praises in the vid :biggrin:.

Agree. My guess is because he did a NA2 several years ago? I have no idea how much time he gets to spend with the cars before making the video.

He missed the center storage under the 2 center console doors.
I always liked how the trunk fits the full size tire...."that's attention to details" (hopefully I don't have to pay royalties for quoting that)

RYU said:
...and the gas cap holder on the flappy door.
Yeah, completely agree. That would have been a neat feature to highlight.

Even has the Tokai Rika keyless system in it, very cool!

I have the receiver, if anybody knows how to get spare remotes for it, please DM/PM me.

Now that we have two similar sites competing (Bring a Trailer vs. Cars & Bids) for classic cars - though with different focus/target audience - it will be interesting to see how it affects the price of NSXs. So far, it looks like there have only been 2 other NSXs listed on Cars & Bids (one was auto with true mileage unknown and the other was a clean NA1 with 60K miles sold for $48K).

Now that we have two similar sites competing (Bring a Trailer vs. Cars & Bids) for classic cars - though with different focus/target audience - it will be interesting to see how it affects the price of NSXs. So far, it looks like there have only been 2 other NSXs listed on Cars & Bids (one was auto with true mileage unknown and the other was a clean NA1 with 60K miles sold for $48K).

For a site that has only been live for less than a year, I think it is doing pretty good. Of course, it is not at the same volume as BaT, but not a bad start.
I have no idea if they are making a profit as a small private company yet.

BaT got bought out by a big parent company, so they have lots of support. Time will tell to see how C&B will take off.

Personally, I don't mind. It is nice to have another site to "window shop" (That's what I tell my wife when she asks)

You do bring a good point. Every week there seems to be a NSX sold on BaT. Not sure when volumes will come towards C&B.

Last edited:
BaT got bought out by a big parent company, so they have lots of support.

I didn't realize that.

Either way, having another marketplace to share the NSX love is all around great news!

For a site that has only been live for less than a year, I think it is doing pretty good. Of course, it is not at the same volume as BaT, but not a bad start.
I have no idea if they are making a profit as a small private company yet.

BaT got bought out by a big parent company, so they have lots of support. Time will tell to see how C&B will take off.

Personally, I don't mind. It is nice to have another site to "window shop" (That's what I tell my wife when she asks)

You do bring a good point. Every week there seems to be a NSX sold on BaT. Not sure when volumes will come towards C&B.

I'm wondering when the market infatuation with the Gen1 will end. It's a feeding frenzy out there right now. Rumor is that the Gen3 will incorporate more of the styling of the Gen1 on the front end...

I'm wondering when the market infatuation with the Gen1 will end. It's a feeding frenzy out there right now. Rumor is that the Gen3 will incorporate more of the styling of the Gen1 on the front end...
WHAT? There's a gen 3 in the works? With so few Gen 2 NC1 sales, i'm shocked (and elated) that Honda/Acura still has that kind of appetite.

WHAT? There's a gen 3 in the works? With so few Gen 2 NC1 sales, i'm shocked (and elated) that Honda/Acura still has that kind of appetite.

RolledaNsx dropped a little hint over on TOV. Just on styling. No word on power unit. My understanding is AHM is ok with current sales, since it is a halo car and not intended to be a profit center.

Really weird occurrence right now, Toprank's Facebook page was apparently hacked by International Vehicle Importers/importrhd (which is also Toprank's sub-brand name?) and they've been running Toprank's page as if nothing has happened, with their contact info leading instead to importrhd.com.

It's really odd that someone would basically just take over their corporate page with 300,000+ followers and expect no one to find out. Either way, anyone reading this, don't engage with "International Vehicle Importers/importrhd.com", looks like a pop-up or shell company that's looking to steal someone's money and disappear. Hopefully this won't have too much of an effect on the legit auction in progress but I'm sure they're scrambling.

Really weird occurrence right now, Toprank's Facebook page was apparently hacked by International Vehicle Importers/importrhd (which is also Toprank's sub-brand name?) and they've been running Toprank's page as if nothing has happened, with their contact info leading instead to importrhd.com.

It's really odd that someone would basically just take over their corporate page with 300,000+ followers and expect no one to find out. Either way, anyone reading this, don't engage with "International Vehicle Importers/importrhd.com", looks like a pop-up or shell company that's looking to steal someone's money and disappear. Hopefully this won't have too much of an effect on the legit auction in progress but I'm sure they're scrambling.
their post about this was a little weird. they made it appear like their sister company's admins hacked them. lots of assumptions on my part to make that kind of statement but that's what I gathered out of it. weird post...

Sean Morris seems like a good guy. He's always been helpful with me especially when I was looking to CA register a R32 some years ago. Though, that subset of the used car industry was always a little bit strange since the Motorex days.

Back