• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2010 F1 Megathread

wow ,Lewis is trying.. fastest time for second practice...JB 8th:frown:

Bad strategy on Ferrari's pit wall(sorry for Fernando).Red Bull deserved title wrong one or right one.They dominated all year.I only hope that next year will be interesting like this one.

2010 was a great season, red bull deserves the title. Abu dahbi is an astonishing facility. I wonder what that cost to build?!!

sent from my HTC EVO.

Vettel is absolutely the right driver to be WDC.

He's the most energetic driver. TV has caught him numerous times getting on the throttle well before the end of a turn. You need a very well balanced car and an excellent driving technique to be able to do that.

McLaren did a mightly fine job this season. They're well set for a great 2011 season. Red Bull had a different engine, had more inclination to bend the rules, and had two drivers every bit the equal of what McLaren had. The final results over the many races accurately reflect the true potential of the two teams.

Fred is good in his driving skills, but not among the very best, and his hot head just sadly brings him back down the field.

Last edited:
Red Bull had the best car this season. Their number 1 driver won the driver's championship.

As much as I wanted Ferrari and Alonso to win the drivers title, their car was clearly the 3rd, sometimes 4th best car. If one looks at the differential between teammates, Webber and Vettel were often close, Hamilton and Button close as well. Ferrari was not, Alonso clearly got more out of the car than Massa, and Massa is a very good driver.

BZ to Vettel. He won a WDC.

<4 months to next season.

Miner

Fred is good in his driving skills, but not among the very best, and his hot head just sadly brings him back down the field.

I don't agree,still think that he is one of three fastest drivers on track what he showed this year whit inferior car.If team did right decision in Abu Dhabi probably he will be WDC.
Miner got it right.

Quoting http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-149424.html

Luca di Montezemolo should resign immediately as Ferrari president after the Italian marque blew Fernando Alonso's title hopes in Abi Dhabi.

That was the emotional charge late on Sunday by Roberto Calderoni, a minister in the Berlusconi cabinet.

"Despite the ability of the excellent Alonso, Ferrari has managed to lose a championship already won," said Calderoni.

"We are ashamed of this insane strategy and he (Montezemolo) is guilty," said Calderoni. "He should get out of Maranello immediately so he does no further harm to Ferrari," added the minister. "By the evening, we expect his resignation."

According to the Rome newspaper Il Messaggero, Montezemolo responded: "Sometimes winners lose, but we do not give up."

"There are some small people who systematically root against the country and its symbols. Luckily they are the minority," he added.

Alonso also defended Ferrari's strategy.

"Afterwards it is very easy to see the best strategy," said the Spaniard. "This is a sport and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Congratulations to Red Bull and Sebastian (Vettel), next year we will try again."

I guess Ferrari lacked McLaren's "Race Command Center" back in head office.

That's laughable. If there's any question that Italians don't regard Ferrari in the same vein as the Catholic Church, there shouldn't be any question now. ;)

Congrats to Seabass! That was a great race to watch. Hope Button does better next year.

I'll post up an "Official 2011 F1 Megathread" with all of the pertinent information for 2011 as soon as teams, regs, tech, and drivers get a little more firmed up. Unless someone wants to put forth the effort of the above and beat me to it. ;)

I wonder why Webber was so slow in the last two races tho?
Do you mean he was paid or his car was sabotaged by the team? :D

Actually, Vettel is one of the worst drivers being WC. :tongue: If Webber or Vettel - a more or less average driver - can fight for WC every other driver could have won it. It's the car being the fastest, nothing else. Remember Jenson Button last year? Moreover, I've never seen a drivers doing that many stupid errors during a season. They were lucky because the car was constantly fast.
I'm bad a bad loser, I know but I'm not with RB or Vettel on this one. I actually had some sympathy for Webber claiming to be forced to no. 2 status and dishonored by the team.

But it has been a quite amusing season this year somehow. :)

Just my 0.02.

Re: Just when I thought

the peanut gallery couldn't get any more ridiculous, this comes along
Quoting http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-149424.html

Luca di Montezemolo should resign immediately as Ferrari president after the Italian marque blew Fernando Alonso's title hopes in Abi Dhabi.......
This is hilarious. Good thing I don't take pro racing too seriously. :wink:

Do you mean he was paid or his car was sabotaged by the team? :D

Actually, Vettel is one of the worst drivers being WC. :tongue: If Webber or Vettel - a more or less average driver - can fight for WC every other driver could have won it. It's the car being the fastest, nothing else. Remember Jenson Button last year? Moreover, I've never seen a drivers doing that many stupid errors during a season. They were lucky because the car was constantly fast.
I'm bad a bad loser, I know but I'm not with RB or Vettel on this one. I actually had some sympathy for Webber claiming to be forced to no. 2 status and dishonored by the team.

But it has been a quite amusing season this year somehow. :)

Just my 0.02.

Hamilton made some stupid moves during his rookie year. Remember when he took Kimi out of the race at the pit exit red light?

So I haven't given my 2cents to the season finale but here it is:

• Sad to see Webber miss out on WDC
  • Kind of strange to see Webber's car struggle for pace and Vettel's flying.
  • Happy to see Alonso lose, especially after his bullshit remarks and gestures to Petrov on the cool down lap.
  • Button was impressive during the season and wasn't over-shadowed my Hamilton.
  • McLaren will definitely be strong next season but so will RBR, which should make for a fun season.
  • I expect Schumi to do well, no more excuses.
  • Abu Dhabi has to be one of the best tracks for spectating a race. The amenities are amazin and so are the international women that flock to the city during the F1 weekend.
Oh and Ted made good on his end of the bet and treated me out to food and drinks last friday. He's a very nice guy and glad to see he's a prime member.

So I haven't given my 2cents to the season finale but here it is:

• Sad to see Webber miss out on WDC
  • Kind of strange to see Webber's car struggle for pace and Vettel's flying.
  • Happy to see Alonso lose, especially after his bullshit remarks and gestures to Petrov on the cool down lap.
  • Button was impressive during the season and wasn't over-shadowed my Hamilton.
  • McLaren will definitely be strong next season but so will RBR, which should make for a fun season.
  • I expect Schumi to do well, no more excuses.
    [*]Abu Dhabi has to be one of the best tracks for spectating a race. The amenities are amazin and so are the international women that flock to the city during the F1 weekend.
Oh and Ted made good on his end of the bet and treated me out to food and drinks last friday. He's a very nice guy and glad to see he's a prime member.

It's a shame that the actual track is absolutely HORRIBLE. They really need to revise it for next season to produce SOME sort of overtaking.

Re: Well, to close out this amazing season

I have some unfinished business to do: :redface: admit that I was wrong about JB fading into the background at Macca. I expressed strong skepticism one year ago right after JB joined them, mostly saying that he will be unexciting enough that the press will shred and 2nd guess him.

But, although he finished a distant 5th in the season, he lost a bunch of points thru no fault of his own, as many of you have pointed out. Anyway, I've always liked him even if I didn't respect him, but now, I am hopeful he'll be an interesting and major part of next season's excitement. :smile:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/165161/1/button_hails_momentum_and_fighting_spirit.html

My recollection is that JB's lap times were very competitive in the last race, during the time when he was out in front, on old soft compound tires, for far longer than any other driver had been on them.

JB said, during driver's interview (just by BBC staff when he walked by, not during the press conf.): "yeah, I was just left out there by myself for many laps".

I have some unfinished business to do: :redface: admit that I was wrong about JB fading into the background at Macca. I expressed strong skepticism one year ago right after JB joined them, mostly saying that he will be unexciting enough that the press will shred and 2nd guess him.

But, although he finished a distant 5th in the season, he lost a bunch of points thru no fault of his own, as many of you have pointed out. Anyway, I've always liked him even if I didn't respect him, but now, I am hopeful he'll be an interesting and major part of next season's excitement. :smile:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/165161/1/button_hails_momentum_and_fighting_spirit.html

help yourself to as much crow as you can eat. ;) :biggrin:

help yourself to as much crow as you can eat. ;) :biggrin:

First, I would like to congratulate Button for not fading into the night. However, he is fighting from behind. Let's face it, Hamo has shown his speed and would be a worthy adversary to anyone on the grid:biggrin:. Let's see what happens next year as Button settles in at McLaren, maybe it's the car. The best man in the best car won the championship, he more than deserved it. I too, felt sorry to see Weber miss out on what could possibly be his last chance at becoming world champion. If next year is anything like this one, I might really start enjoying this F1 thing. I enjoyed this year so much, I bought the game. Now I'll start saving my pennies, so I can buy a race with HRT :biggrin:. What a season! Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys.

I didn't want to start a new thread but seeing as this is somewhat related to F1, Heikki Kovalainen crashed an R8 at the Race of Champions.

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RRLCBI68xI8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RRLCBI68xI8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

Back