• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 caliper rebuild question

Hi Chaps,

just a quick question.... i am currently rebuilding my calipers and wondered if someone could tell me whether the 2 bolts pictured below belong to the front or rear calipers? Does it make a difference if they are top or bottom in the caliper? When i dis-assembled them they had so much grease on i couldn't even see the rubbers until all the sliding bolts were cleaned together.

View attachment 108461

Cheers!

Hi,

weird... i don't remember my pins having that black rubber at all... both the 2003 and the 1997 (NA1 91-96) ones

Nuno

Hi,

weird... i don't remember my pins having that black rubber at all... both the 2003 and the 1997 (NA1 91-96) ones

Nuno

That is a good point. I took another look at the part pic, and in fact there are no black rubber end pieces on the original parts. Brain lapse on my part;). I would have to assume these are aftermarket replacements?

Regards,
LarryB

Wierd then that my '00 car also had two with rubber ends: and I have no idea either which caliper they came from!

I sent them away for refurb with the slide bolts in place and they came back all in one bag.

Another vote for Kaz: he knows everything!

That is because he is one of the Honda engineers who designed our car. ;) We are lucky to have him as a resource, and our UK brethren are lucky to have him available to service their NSX's.

Back