• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Name (I think) written inside console?

Can anyone confirm if this is the name of one of the people who built my car? I found it inside the console, beside the stick shift.

Attachments

• IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 401
That says "Kousai"… probably not someone who built your car. It is not a common first or last name. The Internet says he was a Buddhist monk. I wonder what that's all about.

Also, directly translated it says something along the lines of "light finished" which is not something someone would usually write in Japan. Perhaps it's a car manufacturer thing, or a Honda thing?

Last edited:
yeap it the guys building it wrote everywhere they took pride in their work. I have found it on almost everything and more than one on the same item

I've encountered these inscriptions quite a few times, under dashboards and in panels.
I always assumed something written by quality control

yeap it the guys building it wrote everywhere they took pride in their work. I have found it on almost everything and more than one on the same item

Do you guys have any pictures? I'm curious to read what else they write.

pride of job well done

I found K-- in my 1991 tunnel , left side . Do not remember the rest , just the K . I assumed it was someone's initials . I also saw the same initials in a tunnel on a recent forum picture .

Also, directly translated it says something along the lines of "light finished" which is not something someone would usually write in Japan. Perhaps it's a car manufacturer thing, or a Honda thing?

I also confirmed it states "Light Finished". I am thinking this is a QA step during the hand built process, so the next guy can start his phase of the build, JMO.

Regards,
LarryB

the best one I think is the A/C ( CCU ) it says " eternal sportmind for you " that one is cool to read

- - - Updated - - -

lets start a thread of the markings left by the builders

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. So, my car has the ivory interior. I'm guessing now that the writing refers to the interior color!

Back