• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Napleton’s Acura West Palm Beach sucks 877-363-2817

Any chance you could lemon law your 2017 and get a new one?? Sounds like they are really messing it up.

Any chance you could lemon law your 2017 and get a new one?? Sounds like they are really messing it up.

It's in the works. I submitted my petition and I just want out. The NEW NSX should not be considered a long term ownership due to being over engineered. It's way too complicated for any local dealership to service.

Last edited:
hmm napelton was not bespoke enough to handle it...

It's in the works. I submitted my petition and I just want out. The NEW NSX should be considered a long term ownership due to the it's over engineering. It's way too complicated for any local dealership to service.
I’m still floored the super smart folks here cannot figure this out? You buy a 200k car and have an mdx mechanic who went to a seminar work on it??? Then, they loan you an MDX? THE FUCK? Been saying this for years. Good luck Robert. I know you want it to be over and I thank you so much for the shop recommendation for my own “THE FUCK”...:wink:

I’m still floored the super smart folks here cannot figure this out? You buy a 200k car and have an mdx mechanic who went to a seminar work on it??? Then, they loan you an MDX? THE FUCK? Been saying this for years. Good luck Robert. I know you want it to be over and I thank you so much for the shop recommendation for my own “THE FUCK”...:wink:

Have to remember that quite a bit of the technology was supposed to trickle down from the NSX to other models down the line. The RLX Hybrid was a flop, but based on sales numbers the MDX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD seems to be selling well.

Given the volume of MDX's been sold, I am guessing that the folks at Acura/Honda who created the service manual and related materials focused a lot more time and effort on the MDX.

Personally I would not blame the follow up mechanics for not been able to trouble shoot/diagnose the NSX problems, if there is blame to go around it probably belongs to the folks who were responsible for the NSX service manual, diagnostics software/hardware, and perhaps the original mechanic that worked on DocL's vehicle (if he indeed damaged something in the vehicle, that so far can't be diagnosed by just looking at the various error logs or codes stored in the various modules).

...Personally I would not blame the follow up mechanics for not been able to trouble shoot/diagnose the NSX problems, if there is blame to go around it probably belongs to the folks who were responsible for the NSX service manual, diagnostics software/hardware, and perhaps the original mechanic that worked on DocL's vehicle (if he indeed damaged something in the vehicle, that so far can't be diagnosed by just looking at the various error logs or codes stored in the various modules).

I’m not blaming the mechanics who worked on the car after Napleton’s screwed it up. There haven’t been any codes thrown or stored. The car just can’t be driven over 40mph without having to constantly correct the steering. There is something wrong electronically with the car that was a direct result gas tank replacement recall, which in itself is concerning.

There is a saying in customer service that goes something like if a customer has a great experience they’ll go tell maybe one or two people about it, but if they have a bad experience they’ll tell ten people. Something like that that was actually a result of a study. In this case, since the customer is on social media, they will tell everyone about it, unsolicited, over and over again.

We get it dude. Your car doesn’t work right after work was done at this particular dealership. Everyone on this board knows it. Everyone on your FB group knows it. Surprised you haven’t blasted them on yelp yet. Though it doesn’t look like they need much help there, 18 of the last 20 reviews have been one stars.

Anyways. Your case is known about by the powers that be at AHM. They monitor this forum and your FB group regularly along with lots of other social media outlets. Yours is not the first NSX to go through buyback process. Yours is just the loudest one.

I’m not blaming the mechanics who worked on the car after Napleton’s screwed it up. There haven’t been any codes thrown or stored. The car just can’t be driven over 40mph without having to constantly correct the steering. There is something wrong electronically with the car that was a direct result gas tank replacement recall, which in itself is concerning.

At this point, I’d blame them too. Not every problem on a car throws a code that someone can just see what the service manual says to replace. Some things like pulling/drifting due to a suspension issue (which I’m pretty sure is what it is) have to be figured out the old fashioned way...actually diagnosing a problem. I have had vehicles brought to my shop that a nearby dealer wasn’t able to fix. And wouldn’t you know it, I actually fixed them. I’ve met many Acura master technicians (some NSX certified), I can tell you that I’m glad I know how to do this stuff myself because I wouldn’t even trust them to work on a pinewood derby car. I’ve also met some very smart ones. As a customer, there’s no way to tell which one you’re going to get. We all wear the same patches. Incompetent workers exist in all professions as I’m sure you can probably attest that just because they wear a white coat doesn’t mean they’re a great doctor.

so reading between your lines ......what would you like?

so reading between your lines ......what would you like?

All of my money refunded and the car taken back without it having to go through litigation. I do have an Ace up my sleeve that I will use if needed.

What’s next in the car hit parade for you?

Adjunct question: what if Acura did a direct swap with another NC1?

Bump

I was referring to mastertech.....he seemed to have a subliminal message for you...:rolleyes:

What’s next in the car hit parade for you?

Adjunct question: what if Acura did a direct swap with another NC1?

Bump

I learned a very valuable lesson from this. I don't need an over engineered exotic supercar. I have different priorities in my life right now, and something that can accommodate four people will serve me better.

For the second part, let me ask you this. Have you ever gotten back together with an ex only to realize that your decision to separate was the right decision to begin with? Well, that's were I'm at now.

Didn’t think it was subliminal. The spam is getting a little old.

How is it “spam”? His $200,000 new nsx has been in the shop 8 times for various problems. At this point I can understand why he wants it bought back. He hasn’t been accommodated yet so he went public and if AHM knows about it they can do the right thing. I see nothing wrong in using social media for some public shaming to get them to buy back the car when it has already taken too long to address the situation.

I had a client with another brand of car that was a real lemon and the dealership laughed at him - until he rented a spot directly across from the dealership and parked his lemon with huge signs announcing his problems with the dealership. A 40% drop in business one month later resulted in them finally acknowledging him.....

Last edited:
Hoping you have your car back with everything properly repaired by now. If I had spent that kind of money on a new car only to have the dealer render it undriveable, I’d be pissed beyond comprehension. Is there a Lemon Law where you live? Acura owes you a replacement car!

Hoping you have your car back with everything properly repaired by now. If I had spent that kind of money on a new car only to have the dealer render it undriveable, I’d be pissed beyond comprehension. Is there a Lemon Law where you live? Acura owes you a replacement car!

He has a Lemon Law action pending.

How is it “spam”? His $200,000 new nsx has been in the shop 8 times for various problems. At this point I can understand why he wants it bought back. He hasn’t been accommodated yet so he went public and if AHM knows about it they can do the right thing. I see nothing wrong in using social media for some public shaming to get them to buy back the car when it has already taken too long to address the situation.

There’s this dedicated thread on the matter that you all want to bump over and over to get the dealership to show up in search engines. Some forums frown upon excessive thread bumps, but whatever. You’re a moderator here. If you want to allow that (and practice it yourself) that’s fine. But this story is slipped into to like half a dozen other threads in the 2nd gen sub forum also. That not a little spammy to you? I understand the frustration with the matter. But this car is already on AHM’s radar, so I don’t see much point to keeping the broken record spinning.

There’s this dedicated thread on the matter that you all want to bump over and over to get the dealership to show up in search engines. Some forums frown upon excessive thread bumps, but whatever. You’re a moderator here. If you want to allow that (and practice it yourself) that’s fine. But this story is slipped into to like half a dozen other threads in the 2nd gen sub forum also. That not a little spammy to you? I understand the frustration with the matter. But this car is already on AHM’s radar, so I don’t see much point to keeping the broken record spinning.

The record should keep spinning until they buy back the car, something which should have been offered a while ago. AHM has been less than diligent with several high end customers like this and if a social media blast is needed to get proper attention then so be it. In all honesty this should have been handled by them with a few emails/phone calls and I provided high up contacts for the OP and he still has a car he can't drive.

The people who bought this car can unload if they want. The dealership that I worked for ( and the OEM ) would automatically buy-back a car with the mere receipt of a letter from a certain law firm. In my view all this social media crusade will do is make it worse for the dealers who are selling and properly servicing the new NSX and the people who bought them and still like them. That said, for a variety of reasons, Honda does seem intent on alienating customers: I probably won't be buying another Honda product.

Last edited:

I personally find your prime involvement helpful .....I would suggest you do what I do when my thread emotionmeter starts registering above baseline ......step away from the screen..:wink:

In my view all this social media crusade will do is make it worse for the dealers who are selling and properly servicing the new NSX and the people who bought them and still like them.

Why would the highlighting of a bad experience at one dealership affect other dealers and/or owners? They should be more concerned with the poor response from corporate including defaulting on this lemon law claim. The best way to respond to another dealer’s issues is to ensure that you provide a proper level of support for your customers.

Bottom line is the OP is forced to continue making payments on a car that can’t be driven. I can understand concerns from other owners and the potential effect on values but I don’t see anyone stepping up to take over his payments.

Last edited:
The people who bought this car can unload if they want. The dealership that I worked for ( and the OEM ) would automatically buy-back a car with the mere receipt of a letter from a certain law firm. In my view all this social media crusade will do is make it worse for the dealers who are selling and properly servicing the new NSX and the people who bought them and still like them. That said, for a variety of reasons, Honda does seem intent on alienating customers: I probably won't be buying another Honda product.

Well I can’t unload it that easily because I leased it, and right now the buyout is $25k more than most are being listed used. And I have almost 10k miles on it, so it’s dropping in value like a dead hooker.

Back