• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Naturally Aspirated

Can anyone give me any suggestion in how to increasing the "Torque" without putting in a SC/TT. I like the fact that it is naturally aspirated, but now I want more power since I have had my NSX since 94. I already have the Comptech Headers, Exhaust, Cold Air Intake and have changed the ECU. The HP has incresed to about 360 on the dyno but still lacks on the Torque. I just want to source out any other options before I turn towards that direction in the future. Since a more powerful Torque helps in my circuit track race.
PS. Due to emmision Laws, I cannot take the Cat.out and replace it with a straight tube.
Thanks

Play with your ring and pinion to change your final drive. NSX-R 4.23 and Comptech 4.55 are available.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Originally posted by The Devil:
Can anyone give me any suggestion in how to increasing the "Torque" without putting in a SC/TT. I like the fact that it is naturally aspirated, but now I want more power since I have had my NSX since 94. I already have the Comptech Headers, Exhaust, Cold Air Intake and have changed the ECU. The HP has incresed to about 360 on the dyno but still lacks on the Torque.

Forced induction (supercharger, turbocharger, nitrous) is really the only practical way you can obtain huge increases in horsepower and torque.

Also, I hate to doubt your word, but I am not aware of any combination of intake, headers, exhaust, and chip that can give you anywhere close to 360 rear wheel horsepower on the dyno.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 April 2002).]

360 does sound rather high... Out of curiousity.. what are some of the highest HP numbers on this board with No supercharger, no turbos, and no NOS, everything else is fair.

anyone have any dyno sheets to post?

I dynoed my '94 and it has 268rwhp with a chip and exhaust only.

Comptech used to advertise in one of their ealier catalogs: "To maximize the rsults of our High-Velocity Cylinder Head modification to your existing cylinder head, we recommend installing the complete Internal Engine Modification Package (IEM Package), which consists of our Comptech-engineered Performance Chip, High-Peformance Intake Manifold, High-Peformance Camshaft Set and the High-Velocity Cylinder Heads. Installation of the IEM Package, combined with our Headers, High-Performance Exhaust and HighFlow Air Box results in up to a 100 hp increase!"

I've got everything mentioned above except the chip (my car is a '96) and I don't think I'm anywhere near 370 hp. My best guess is 290-300 hp.

Originally posted by 96redT:
Comptech used to advertise
results in up to a 100 hp increase!"

That sounds like, if you do those mods, you might get only a 20 hp gain. Watch out whenever you see weasel words like "up to".
biggrin.gif

So for the rwhp should be around 320 not 360

Even if the 360 is at the crank, an increase of 90 hp from intake, exhaust, headers, and chip still sounds high. The dyno results in the FAQ here show that those mods typically increase hp at the wheels by 25-30 hp, so that's around 35 hp at the crank.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 04 April 2002).]

Comptech's supercharger with the Headers and exhaust only nets about 335rwhp.
320 with nothing but headers and exhaust and a chip is not very realistic. Are you sure your Dyno figures are correct?

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 04 April 2002).]

Originally posted by Edo:
Comptech's supercharger with the Headers and exhaust only nets about 335rwhp.
320 with nothing but headers and exhaust and a chip is not very realistic. Are you sure your Dyno figures are correct?

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 04 April 2002).]

It must be because of the US-Canada exchange rate...?
biggrin.gif
couldn't resist...

I drove a 1992 NSX with all the same mods (thought not comptech). They had a dyno of it and it was 264 to the wheels. I would imagine your car would be pretty similar.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by The Devil:
With all the mods that I have done. It showed me an actual HP Gain of about 360. So for the rwhp should be around 320 not 360. Hope I have clear everyone's query!

If those are supposedly numbers from your dyno, your tuner has lied. You don't have anything near 320 hp at the wheels with just those 4 mods, sorry. :\

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

[This message has been edited by true (edited 07 April 2002).]

Back