• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nav pod / double din / center console masters...

I plan on soon updating the OEM center console and radio in my NSX with the Honda nav pod and a double din radio.

I would like to use the nav pod screen as both a touchscreen navigation device and with the HKS Camp 2 gauge system. (I may also eventually install a rear view camera, and would like the ability to view via the nav pod.)

Concerning the radio, this will be a touchscreen model, with both iPod and Bluetooth capability.

For those of you who are currently running this type of set-up, any up-to-date suggestions on specific screens and/or radios I should consider (or avoid)? And since this will likely be a DIY project undertaken by an electronics virgin (ie, me), any special words of warning?

I've read numerous nav pod and double din threads here on Prime, and would welcome any additional input prior to spending a silly amount of money... :smile:

Last edited:
I ended up using a the cartft 700 model for the monitor. It was one of the best 7" touchscreen/transflective monitors out there. If you are remotely concerned about sun glare, you need a tranflective screen (assuming you have a targa - since you are going HKS Camp2 you likely have a 95 or newer with OBD2). I paid around $650 shipped for the monitor (no VAT tax).

It does fit in the navpod, but you will need to get something to "fill" the sides as the width is the same as the opening in the pod. The monitor buttons are covered by the nav, but you can use the wireless remote.

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/870

Hope that helps,
Bill

Last edited:
Bill:

I hadn't previously heard the term "transflective," so I will have to read up on this. (I was aware, however, of potential glare issues; especially with my targa top off...)

Thank you for the post; this is the type of end-user information I'm looking to receive.

Back