• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nav Pod Monitor mounting question

I have the NAV POD and an Alpine TME-M760 monitor, but not sure how to mount the screen to the inside of the pod to make it look flush and still be firm. Any suggestions how to mount it?

Im in Miami, how about yourself? Doesnt say anything about how to mount the monitor to the back or any pics. I would like to see pics from you guys with the installs done if you have any availiable

NSX~PERT said:
Im in Miami, how about yourself? Doesnt say anything about how to mount the monitor to the back or any pics. I would like to see pics from you guys with the installs done if you have any availiable

I'm in Boca. My installer at the Boca Sound Advice can do a nice job installing it for you.

This was in that thread I referenced:

D'Ecosse said:
I believe the original one, at least when it was originally supplied by SOS was the Alpine *580. I have the *760. I'm not sure what was in the OEM kit in Japan - I assume some Alpine variant.

Minor mods are required to the pod - just removing a couple of small plastic ribs on the inside to allow the monitor bezel to sit flush against the inside face of the pod. No mod is required to the monitor. Also, however there is no bracket to hold it in place, so you need to fabricate something. I cut a strip of MDF that wedges it in place and glued that to the inside of the pod - no glue on the monitor itself, just between the wdge & the pod. (I originally used hot glue but up on the dash it will get hot enough to soften it again so used epoxy second time around)

My pod just sits in place without the screws - didn't want to screw through the dash! It doesn't move so I'm fine with that the way it is.

Back