• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nav Pod Screen - How to Secure

I just bought a Nav Pod and the Alpine 740BT screen. What is the best way to secure the screen?
1. Do you attach it to the pod? or
2. Attach it to the console and then butt the pod up to it?

Seems like attaching the screen to the pod might not be as secure as the second option, but the second option might be more difficult.

I understand that I will need to make a custom bezel to make it fit correctly so there are no gaps.

Help... pictures.... directions....

Thanks!

Here is the Bezel that I had made to hold my screen. I used liquid nails glue to secure the aluminum machined bezel to the Honda navigation pod. Once that had dried it was rock solid as only the Trusted Liquid Nails could be!

The the bolts on the back of the aluminum bezel secured the screen in place.

The Factory navigation pod has holes that are supposed to be used to screw and secure the nav pod into place, but most if not all of us do not like to put screws into our NSX dash pad.

A way around this is to use a block of wood, velcro and 2 screws. Cut the wood so it is the proper size to bridge the gap between the screw mounts on the top of the pod and the dash pad.

Use a strong velcro, and secure the velcro to the dash pad and then the screwed and fastened block of wood to the nav pod. The fit along with the pressure of the great fitting nav pod should be enough to hold it in place for you.

The easy way,, just screw it into your dash pad :)

NSXNAV5.jpg

NSXNAV2.jpg
NSXNAV3.jpg
NSXINSTALL0122.jpg

Joe

Joe,

Thanks... now I understand.

Since I don't have a CNC machine handy, I will see if I can fabricate one from some wood.

Did you use a plastic trim on the face of the bracket or did you paint it?

Todd

Hey Todd!

I could be wrong, but I think there is a vendor who is selling those same bezels (or something close to it) for mounting the screen. Does anyone know if there is a vendor or am I just on crack today! :tongue:

Use Rich at HCA, (Highline Car Audio.) They can make it look as if it was the factory.

Thread here.

HCA website here.

My Kenwwod touchscreen highly modified to fit.

navpod3.jpg

I just dropped my pod and screen off at my local shop. They did a Saleen S7 and Gallardo for the guy that owns Skin Industries so I have faith they will be able to do this right.

Will post what it looks like and cost when it is done.

I'm also looking into having them create a better way to secure the pod without using the good ol' screws through the dash board!

Going to go check it out Friday... They are not putting it together until I give them the ok.

Back