• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NBA Playoff thread

Game was closer than the score but imagine with the Lakers playing that poorly with the exception of Kobe that they were right there in the game. Phoenix is not going to outrebound the Lakers like this again either.

I think Stern just wants more advertising $$$ by stretching out these two already decided series :p

I don't think this game is as close as people are making it out to be. The Suns were in complete control the whole way. Their bench spanked the Lakers. With every run the Lakers made, the Suns responded.

As for the Lakers vaunted defense, I would argue that the Lakers haven't been playing defense the whole series. If you look at every game, the scores have been above 105 pts for EACH team. Its just been a race of who can score more high percentage shots. The Suns have figured out a way to minimize the Lakers high percentage shots (pushing them out of the paint with the zone), then proceeded to outscore them with superior transition and outside shooting.

I'd also argue that the longer this series goes, the worse it is for the Lakers. There is no more rest, they will be traveling between games. With the amount of minutes the the Lakers starters play, and the expanded minutes the Suns bench play, the Suns will continue to be fresher. If the Suns role players game can travel on the road, the Lakers are going to have serious problems

Caustic-

Game was closer than the score but imagine with the Lakers playing that poorly with the exception of Kobe that they were right there in the game. Phoenix is not going to outrebound the Lakers like this again either.

I think Stern just wants more advertising $$$ by stretching out these two already decided series :p

I love it .. same thing I said about OKC (and it was Durant who was playing horrible) in that series and Laker fans laugh and make excuses. And of course now they turn and try and make the same arguement.. they even pulled out game 6 with .5 seconds left.. now thats cutting it a bit close..
Can't wait to hear the crying when they lose this series.. only thing they have going for them is David Stern and his henchmen..

Hey Ron Ron your wide open, keep shooting!! :biggrin:

I don't think this game is as close as people are making it out to be. The Suns were in complete control the whole way. Their bench spanked the Lakers. With every run the Lakers made, the Suns responded.

As for the Lakers vaunted defense, I would argue that the Lakers haven't been playing defense the whole series. If you look at every game, the scores have been above 105 pts for EACH team. Its just been a race of who can score more high percentage shots. The Suns have figured out a way to minimize the Lakers high percentage shots (pushing them out of the paint with the zone), then proceeded to outscore them with superior transition and outside shooting.

I'd also argue that the longer this series goes, the worse it is for the Lakers. There is no more rest, they will be traveling between games. With the amount of minutes the the Lakers starters play, and the expanded minutes the Suns bench play, the Suns will continue to be fresher. If the Suns role players game can travel on the road, the Lakers are going to have serious problems

Caustic-
+1

I would slit my wrist if the situation was reversed - the Lakers bench outplaying the Suns starters.

Kobe and Bynum are getting more and more worn down with the heavy minutes they are playing.

Nash & Amar'e sat almost the entire 4th quarter!!! :eek::eek:

Looking to finishing off the Lackers and move on to the finals!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyone watching the magic tearing apart the Celtics? Although these officials have been questionable to say the least. What do you guys think of that call on Perkins? I would love to see Orlando win this series.

LOL I made a bet with my dad before the game that the Celtics would lose just to spite him. Damn whadda ya know!! $$ for me. :biggrin:

Technical fouls were lame btw...let the conspiracy theories begin...they don't want to Celtics to get any rest if the Lakers don't get any. It won't be "fair" for the finals. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

Boston got their ass beat! be crazy if they get upsetted in this series.

Hey chado hows you clippers and okc doing in the draft? :wink:

"upsetted"??? How fitting of a typical Lakers fan...

Officiating and Howard's ridiculous elbows and pro wrestling moves in there cost us the game.

Haha! I know I know.

I think OKC will have a better record than the Lakers next year!! :tongue::biggrin:

TURBO2GO;1313363 Officiating and Howard's ridiculous elbows and pro wrestling moves in there cost us the game.[/QUOTE said:
Oh woh woh woh woh! :biggrin:

Chado- OKC will have a better record when Kobe is past his Prime and we lose some key players......it will happen eventually just like every team.

Heck look at the Bulls....after MJ no more good times.

Dude that was a game! With a climatic ending! Hopefully we can close it out on Sat.

WOW! Even Phil didn't expect that shot ...... let alone, from that player. :eek:

Lakes got lucky with that shot. But that's what hustling to the ball does and nobody can fault Artest for lack of trying.

Big game tonight for Orlando. Crossing fingers their series gets to 7 games.

That would be great to see Orlando take it to a game 7.....:biggrin:

Go Magic!

Good luck winning another 2 in a row Phoenix!

Chado, if you ever bet, pick the opposite of what your instinct is and double your money.

Hahaha.. I'm actually a very good sports better, however when it comes to the lakers I make sure the bets are for something other than US dollars because obviously I tend to root against my better judgement.

But your time is over after this year. Phil will be gone and Kobe is definitely on his way down (although he has stepped it up for a majority of these playoffs).
The Lakers have been fortunate this year to avoid a game 7 with OKC and now not to be down 3-2 to PHX.
enjoy it while it lasts!! :tongue:

2010 eastern conference champions

Last edited:
2010 eastern conference champions

633909343888839145-THESPECIALOLYMPICS.jpg

Another inspiring performance by the Magic. You'd think that they would have played with a sense of urgency.

They need to address the back up point guard position as well as developing some leadership from within.

Back