• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[NC] Anyone have short gears?

I would have to say short gears and 4.23 final drive, is the best mod u can do for the 5 speed tranny other then going 6 speed which is more expensive. I went to a NEW 6 speed, I had a 5 speed with jdm short gears and 4.23 final drive, but my snap ring broke. I still have the tranny just sitting around my shop somewhere with the short gears still in it.

Bryan

Is there anyone around here that has the short gears installed? The anemia from 40-60 is starting to annoy me. Can I take somebody's car for a spin to see if I should change mine?

:cool:
Jeremy's silver one (if I'm not mistaken) has short gears. I believe that is the one I drove before he bought it.

I don't know what else was done to the car, but the short gears seemed to make the car feel quicker than mine (with Mods).

Yo Ben!!
I have them along with Comptech 4.55 R&P. In the city and on the mountains the combination is awesome! Not the best on the highway, but I would not let it get in the way of a 2,000 mile road trip. If we all get together in late March, you are welcome to take her for a spin.

Hey Ben,

Sorry I have been busy but mine has the short gear set in it, if you want hit me up and I will meet up with you and let you take it for a spin. I was actually in K-vegas today if I would have read this earlier I would have let you drove it today.

Been there done that, not that big of a change, Save your money and get a turbo setup......:cool:

Yeah, I dont have a a ctsc or turbo setup but I drove quite a few of the long throw gear set and I can honestly say the short nsx-r gear set makes a difference. The feel is night and day to me.

Ben you doing the charlotte deal tomorrow?

Back