• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NC1 Lift points

Hi all,

Most of you know that the NA1 / NA2 NSX has 3 points per side of the car, where you can attach a jack and lift the car.
Ideally at the middle point, then you can place the bucks in front and in the back.
Unfortunately, the NC1 does not have that lifting aid in the middle.

How did you solve it?
Do you still put the jack in the middle?

Looking farward to get some Feedback.

Since the officially documented NC1 jack points does not include a midpoint one, I did not try to look for a solution.

f3aa4ca5e755ecd1b61007cbb6986521.jpg

Aside from the convenience of having a midpoint jack point, is there a specific situation that made you inquire? Just curious.

I asked the same question. I was told that the center area does not have enough strength to lift the car. However, I saw a guy on you-tube do it while he was rebuilding a damaged one.I don't want to risk it

Aside from the convenience of having a midpoint jack point, is there a specific situation that made you inquire? Just curious.

Yes.
I have had interests to order 2020 NC1 in orange pearl for spring 2020
Last call from my german Honda dealership last week was, that the NSX is no longer available in Europe....so no order possible.
We have 3 official NSX dealerships in German, noone is able to order.

We have an 2018 NC1 here with a front damage, so last weekend I spend many hours to inspect all details from that car, good an not so good things,
especially under the aspect to produce some cf parts, because the price and build quality of the works parts dont convinced me.
Does a front hood really costs 10.000 USD?

Also noticed that the car only have 2 lifter points at each side, front/rear, so a lift job into my garage is more difficult as at my old NSX.

A pity that Honda didnt overtake some good ideas from the old one.
For me its one of the main points.

20191206_111722.jpg

Last edited:
Since I have a 2018 NC1 here for repair, I could see there is no chance to lift the NSX like the old one......bummer.
Not service friendly!

Got lot of spares.....from one of the Top Gear NSX's.

Its time for a cf Hood next year.

top gear.jpg

Last edited:
To raise the NSX up Enough to install jack stands you will need to drive the car up on race ramps. this will ensure the car will be high enough to prevent door sill damage when using the floor jack.

1. Measure 370mm. (14.5") from the forward side of the rear jack point.
2. Apply guide tape to mark the Jacking location. (this is where it will be safe to use the floor jack on the underbody, without damage to the floor panel.
3. Using an assistant, guide the floor jack to the marked spot, and raise the vehicle high enough to install the correct stands.

the allowable saddle depth for the jack stand is 1/8"

this is the style of jack stand Honda uses.

2RM6MdGkQEq9QCrcBQTKXw.jpg

hope this Helps. this was directly from my training info.

To raise the NSX up Enough to install jack stands you will need to drive the car up on race ramps. this will ensure the car will be high enough to prevent door sill damage when using the floor jack.1. Measure 370mm. (14.5") from the forward side of the rear jack point.2. Apply guide tape to mark the Jacking location. (this is where it will be safe to use the floor jack on the underbody, without damage to the floor panel.3. Using an assistant, guide the floor jack to the marked spot, and raise the vehicle high enough to install the correct stands.the allowable saddle depth for the jack stand is 1/8"this is the style of jack stand Honda uses.View attachment 163404hope this Helps. this was directly from my training info.
Again thank you for you insight. The area that is 14.5 inches forward from the rear lift point, what makes this a safe lifting area? What is above this lifting point (structure) that makes it strong enough to hold at least a 1000 lbs.? Any cut away diagram?

A couple of years ago, a tech out of north carolina had one on a lift. I asked the same questions about where to lift in the center. he said the support structure goes pass the actual jack points. he could not remember how far and didnt want anybody missing that area.

Hi,

had the chance to inspect much details on the NC1.

If you remove the driver seat, you will notice, that the material of the floor is very thin between the seat mounting points,
so you shouldnt lift the car like on our old NSX's.

Thats the reason why there is no middle lift point...…. so working without lifter is complicated

You also shouldnt sit into the car without a seat installed.
Honda sales a special service plate,like a fllor mat which has to be installed before you enter the car.

So, lifting the car like showed at YouTube (wecked NSX) is crazy.

Last edited:
Hi,

If you remove the driver seat, you will notice, that the material of the floor is very thin between the seat mounting points,

Thats the reason why there is no middle lift point...…. so working without lifter is complicated

Honda sales a special service plate,like a fllor mat which has to be installed before you enter the car.

This is very true the floor pan is very thin. Acura has a special "tool" that lays in this space and spreads the amount of weight applied in that area. its a plastic/polymer plate. there are a plethora of special tools for the NC1. Racking the car is difficult and is done in reverse with a race ramp setup that spans the the area with removable center sections to put the lift arms in place.

Hi,

The floor panel of the NSX uses a carbon fiber core. It's meant to be thin and light.

So what we need to make this car easier to lift and place on jack stands is a piece of metal that would fit over the lift point and allow both a floor Jack and a Jack Stand at the same time. Should be doable and sellable!

So what we need to make this car easier to lift and place on jack stands is a piece of metal that would fit over the lift point and allow both a floor Jack and a Jack Stand at the same time. Should be doable and sellable!
There are a few options if you don't have a lift.

1. Jackpoint jackstands: http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/home.html

2. Rennstand: https://safejacks.com/products/the-rennstand-by-safe-jack-single-unit

3. Quickjack: https://www.quickjack.com/

.So do the track guys go to the dealer to swap street for track shoes?:confused:

good news

I had no problem lifting the car up using two floor jacks when I swapped out the calipers on my car. It was also very easy to bleed the brakes.

I know there is no problem to lift only one side to change tires (side by side)
You did missunderstand me.

My wish was to lift the car like I do with my NSX-R all the time, lift completely and remove all 4 wheels at the same time and storage the car like this.

Thats the perfect position to work under the car and do a DIY oil change.........maybe:smile:

If I have the NC1 here in my garage, I will test.

photo-13234-db8bcd59.jpg

photo-13235-1aab8adb.jpg

photo-13236-9ef44bb1.jpg

Last edited:
Back