• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NCRC Track Events

While the future of the track talk and race reports forum is in doubt, I will take a few moments to announce some upcoming northern california track dates......

For those that dont know me my name is Justin Hall and I am a club officer for NCRC ( Northern California Racing Club www.ncracing.org ) functionally responsible for driving instruction / track steward, general ops stuff, doing the dishes :) , etc. Our model is somewhere in between a open test and a school day, based on participant experience. We run 3-4 run groups with 4 or 5 sessions per group per day. Our advanced group is open passing, high intermediate is pass anywhere point by required, low intermediate and novice point by required (similar to school environment).

We have 5 events coming up in the next 7 weeks and I thought a few of you might be interested. The two events are also open to formula / spec racers; 5/16 (LS) and 6/9 (THILL). I have included specific event details below, if your interested in registering for any of these events please go to http://www.ncracing.org/events.html and follow the instructions.

Details:

* 5/2 Laguna Seca (Friday) - We're cutting all the extras on this event, to make this as inexpensive as possible. Lunch will NOT be provided at this event, so bring something along (there might be concessionaire). It's just before a PCA time trial at Laguna on the 3rd and 4th if any of you are looking for some practice...

* 5/16 Laguna Seca (Friday) - This event is for intermediate and advanced drivers only. We'll run three run groups (2 sedan 1 formula), 5 sessions each. One of the sedan groups will be open passing, the lower will be pass anywhere with point by required.

* 5/22 Thill (Thursday CCW) - Typical NCRC run group format as outlined above, time trial, etc.

* 6/1 Laguna Seca (Sunday) - Typical run group format as outlined above, time trial, etc.

* 6/9 Thill (Monday CCW) - This is going to be a cool event with lots of track time. Similar to 5/16, there will be 2 sedan run groups and 1 formula / sports racer run group. However there will be some novice / low intermediates at this day, so sedan passing will be point by required in the upper group and pass in designated areas in the lower group. Now, this is where the cool part comes in…..you can rent a Formula Mazda for the day, 1/2 day, and possibly for a session depending on interest. Rotary Rockets ( http://www.rotaryrockets.com/ ) is a company that will bring a turn-key formula mazda car rental to the track. You do nothing but show up, and they'll have an 1100lb open wheel car with 170hp and a 5-speed tranny, the mechanics, spare parts and tires - everything needed to give you a great first experience in a stunning car. Treat it as a once-in-a-lifetime drive, or a try-before-you-buy - it's a chance you may not want to miss. The cost isn't cheap - $1825 for the day (5 sessions), or pro-rated down to $365 per session. If you have interest in such an experience, drop me a note before mid-May. If there's enough drivers, we'll try to schedule it.

Justin

P.S. Sorry for the short notice on the 5/2 day….just call in sick to work :)

come on you NSX owners. here's your chance to do Laguna Seca! NCRC hosts excellent events.

let me toot my own horn here a little. I've been track driving for 7+ years. instructing for 2.5 years. instructed at over 100 track days, 300+ students. expert in car instruction provided in real time. familiar with nsx (droven over dozen different nsx on track before). i'm available for private instructions. many references available from past students.

GhettoRacer said:
come on you NSX owners. here's your chance to do Laguna Seca! NCRC hosts excellent events.

let me toot my own horn here a little. I've been track driving for 7+ years. instructing for 2.5 years. instructed at over 100 track days, 300+ students. expert in car instruction provided in real time. familiar with nsx (droven over dozen different nsx on track before). i'm available for private instructions. many references available from past students.

What do you charge for private lessons? Do you ever get down to buttonwillow or willowsprings?

Back