• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NE Ohio NSX Mechanic

There's source one in Cincinnati but that's on the opposite end of the state. haven't heard of anyone in NE OH.... That would be great for pittsburgh owners as well.

I work at Park Acura. Our NSX Tech here has been working on Honda's as long as they have been in the country and was working on Honda Motorcycles before that. He has been with us as long as we have been around. I could see if my service department would be willing to cut you a break on price, or I could see if I could bring your vehicle in myself and have the work done at employee pricing, which I think would be competitive with a non-dealer shop. I can not imagine that there is anyone out there that is as good as Dave is with the NSX. He works on them regularly as well, it seems like there is always at least one NSX here.

If you want me to look into this give me a call at 330-644-1300 ask for Jim in sales.

I work at Park Acura. Our NSX Tech here has been working on Honda's as long as they have been in the country and was working on Honda Motorcycles before that.
I can vouch that I was hearing about great NSX service in Akron twenty years ago. I didn't realize till now that the tech responsible for that reputation is still there. Very cool.

Minor services like oil changes and tire replacements can be done anywhere. But for anything complicated, like a timing belt change, or a clutch replacement, or problem troubleshooting, you need the mechanic with the most NSX experience - the one who knows all the shortcuts and all the gotchas. In some areas, this is a mechanic at a dealer; in others, there are independents with that level of experience. I would not want just any mechanic working on my NSX. Except, as noted, for very minor tasks.

There are some mechanics who were at dealers working on the NSX when it first came out, and are still around - some at their original dealers all this time, while others have moved on to open their own shops. Those are the guys I want working on my NSX.

Anyone have a name of a good NSX mechanic in NE Ohio. I'm tired of paying dealer fees. Thanks

You do not want to pay dealer fees, but folks are recommending an Acura dealership, lol.

I would recommend Brian's team at Source One, they have worked on my car twice and both times it was great. They also offer door to door service with their enclosed trailer, obviously it is not free, but well worth it IMO.

You do not want to pay dealer fees, but folks are recommending an Acura dealership, lol.

I would recommend Brian's team at Source One, they have worked on my car twice and both times it was great. They also offer door to door service with their enclosed trailer, obviously it is not free, but well worth it IMO.
He's asking for a good mechanic in Northeast Ohio, but you are recommending one in Southwest Ohio, LOL! :tongue:

I know Brian has a lot of NSX experience, just as Dave does at Park Acura. And Brian's work will probably be less expensive. But paying for a tow/trailer 300 miles from Madison to Cincinnati will easily wipe out any cost savings. (And driving there and back will involve a lot of time as well as expense.) Plus, if there are any issues, it's a lot easier to take it back to the close-by place than have to again drive or tow it 300 miles across the state.

Again, nothing against Brian and Source 1; I know him and he does great work, and I've recommended him to folks in the Cincinnati area. But I wouldn't drive or trailer a car 300 miles to him (he's about the same distance from me) when there are competent mechanics close to home, even though they're more expensive than he is.

Kudos to Poofables for offering to try arranging some cost relief for service at Park Acura. Of course, this being NSXprime, no good deed goes unpunished. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks for the referrals guys. We work on cars from as far away as Texas so far. Sometimes the experience is super important. Also having parts in stock rather than ordering them etc. If it something minor like oil changes etc then no big deal. Either DIY or any competent tech can handle it. But for the important things such as Timing belts etc then the approx 300 mile trip is worth it. We would love to earn your business so just let us know if we can help in any way.

Thanks
Brian

Kudos to Poofables for offering to try arranging some cost relief for service at Park Acura. Of course, this being NSXprime, no good deed goes unpunished. :biggrin:
It isn't just here but so true in general...
Bone stock I'd feel comfortable with a factory trained dealer tech like Dave at Park. Anything modded I'd go with Source and Brian's knowledge base and Justin's talent.
I DIY a lot of stuff and for things that are out of my pay grade I ask Brian to perform. But when I'm DIY Brian is always happy to answer any questions and allow me access.

I have a 96 NSX-T that I've had for a little over a year now and initially took the car to Dave at Park Acura in Akron. After a number of issues I will not be taking it back there. I am looking for an independent garage as well to do some work on it. Unfortunately Cincy is 4.5 hours from Cleveland.

I have a 96 NSX-T that I've had for a little over a year now and initially took the car to Dave at Park Acura in Akron. After a number of issues I will not be taking it back there. I am looking for an independent garage as well to do some work on it. Unfortunately Cincy is 4.5 hours from Cleveland.

Just FYI, we offer enclosed transport to and from if you should ever need anything.

If anyone between NE Ohio and Southwest Ohio is interested we will be picking up willousb's NSX toward the end of February for some work. If possible we can arrange to pick up another vehicle while on the road and the cost could be split making it a couple hundred cheaper per person. If interested PM me and we can make the plans.

Thanks everyone!

Back