• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need A Miami Speed Shop Now!!!!

Hi all,

I am in canada and NSX's are next to impossible to get at a reasonable price!

I am coming down to Miami to buy a 2001 NSX T-Top, 6-speed with 46,000 miles for 48,000$ (okay deal?)

But the real issue is I want to supercharge it before picking it up next saturday.

COULD SOMEONE RECOMMEND A GOOD SPEED SHOP IN MIAMI?
I would prefer Gruppe M or Basch for price.......

thanks,

jared

Congrats on the purchase, but good luck first for trying to find either of those sc then getting them installed in your time frame.

Armando

I you need a CTSC bad enough I will sell you mine and wait for another one from CT. I am not planning on installing mine for a month or 2 more.

Call Honda Tech of S. Florida ask for Dwight .Hes is the best , meticulous and methodical NSX tech i trust in or around Miami Ft. Laud. area , hes also owned a couple of nsxs. Hopefully u have the blower already (with your time frame)If not he'd normally order it from Comptech. #954 583 2424:cool:

hondakingDOM said:
Call Honda Tech of S. Florida ask for Dwight .Hes is the best , meticulous and methodical NSX tech i trust in or around Miami Ft. Laud. area , hes also owned a couple of nsxs. Hopefully u have the blower already (with your time frame)If not he'd normally order it from Comptech. #954 583 2424:cool:

Nice to know of another Honda tech that's trustworthy just in case...
Here is the rest of this guy's information.

Hondatech Of South Florida
426 N State Road 7
PLANTATION, FL 33317

(SR7/441 between Sunrise and Broward Blvds)

hondakingDOM said:

I've never heard of this guy? That's odd. I keep up with all the options for alternate shops for work on the NSX. Some have come and gone.

Armando, the shop you used, S. Florida Performance, are they still around. For reasons you already know, I was looking for a shop in the Miami area, and was told about that shop, then heard they moved/no longer exist?

I cannot recommend enough, First Class Automotive in Orlando. I would say it would be worth the drive. Maybe you can somehow get one of the Prime members to bring your New NSX to Orlando and drop it off there? They are absolutely top notch. They keep in touch with you on a regular basis to inform you of their progress. They give you the best options for the money. Just a great place to go for work on your NSX. I say the 3 to 4 hour drive is well worth it.

Last edited:
There are three places I have encountered in South Florida: MCA Motorsports (Kendall/Miami), CarTek (Plantation -- Univ & 595) and Hondatech (Plantation -- 441 South of Sunrise Blvd).

Hondatech -- I had ordered a CTSC and had asked Dwight about his experience with custom/hi-perf stuff like this. He said he was comfortable doing it but had very little experience in actually putting in a CTSC. He also said he is doing some work on his shop for now which will cause some distruption in his ability to take on bigger projects. He did seem honest and credible, but I have yet to use him. I intend to have him do routine maintenance stuff for my car.

CarTek -- These guys seem really solid for performance stuff but also had never put in a CTSC in an NSX. One of their guys is AEM certified. They have a dyno. I have yet to use them.

MCA -- Mike Alcalde at MCA has done a great deal of work for me and while a couple of people have offered warnings about his ability to deliver what he says on-time and can let things slip, my experiences have been consistently good. He has been working on NSX's since the beginning. Not only am I trusting him to do my CTSC, but have put my name on the line by referring a buddy for his CTSC install. Mike has fabricated parts, and really knows these cars. I endorse him in a big way.

Mike is the reigning NSX God in South Florida. He's moving to a larger and more efficient shop this week I think so he's been hard to reach the last couple of weeks.

BladesNSX said:
Armando, the shop you used, S. Florida Performance, are they still around. For reasons you already know, I was looking for a shop in the Miami area, and was told about that shop, then heard they moved/no longer exist?

They moved, ask for Frank or Paul 786-293-8876

Armando

hondakingDOM said:

My wife and I have known Dwight between 15-20yrs (who's counting anymore?), we have had numerous Hondas/Acuras. Dwight got me hooked on the NSX and I am in the process of purchasing my second one this week. I wouldn't consider buying a car like this if I didn't know him. I have him service my cars even while they are under warranty. I trust NO ONE as much as him with my cars. He is a stand up guy and will NOT sell you parts/service that you don't need. He can assemble/disassemble these cars in his sleep. He is a rare individual in this business, he still has morales and he loves these cars. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago, he is in the process of starting renovation of his shop. He doesn't have much parking for storage, so he normally will turn a car around VERY quickly.

Danny

Dwight definitely struck me as a standup guy and i have heard he knows these care inside out.

Mike seems to really understand modifying NSX's. I drive 45 miles to get to Mike but am loyal for anything hi-perf.

You may want to contact Oster at 1st class in Orlando, these guys are A1 in my opinion. I have my nsx flatbedded to them from Vero Beach for almost anything, very reasonable in my opinion. My dog a westy is also in love with Oster he cannot wait for him to deliver the car, and play for hours. These are very nice folks! They also are much faster than the parts can arrive, I have vast knowledge of this as my car was on there lift for 3 weeks waiting for RPS clutch and trans parts to come. Bob Vero NSX

Back