• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need an NSX Mechanic to do a final purchase inspection in New York, near Verazzano Br

Been on the outskirts of this forum for the last decade looking to seriously purchase an NA11 as I've always had AW11 (MR2s) and had many friends in CA with 1st Gen NSXs. Still no other car I'd want to purchase despite the 22 year age or newer makes/models. (I'd always be Designated Driver for my friends with NSXs ;) Self-serving I know).

I have a serious seller, the funds, carfax, initial test and just have to take it up to speed and would like to put it on racks as there is a minor discrepancy in the DMV title history and more importantly ensure performance (I intend to keep this car for life, hopefully drive it daily, and keep it well maintained).

All my research points to Larry Bastanza for NY, sent an email, but presume this is way below his threshold for immediate attention.
Any other recommendations (for shops in NY) or offers to help do a mechanical/frame inspection/provide a knowledgable second opinon.
(I have way too much adrenaline to think straight and make a logical judgement).

Appreciate any assistance.

Been on the outskirts of this forum for the last decade looking to seriously purchase an NA11 as I've always had AW11 (MR2s) and had many friends in CA with 1st Gen NSXs. Still no other car I'd want to purchase despite the 22 year age or newer makes/models. (I'd always be Designated Driver for my friends with NSXs ;) Self-serving I know).

I have a serious seller, the funds, carfax, initial test and just have to take it up to speed and would like to put it on racks as there is a minor discrepancy in the DMV title history and more importantly ensure performance (I intend to keep this car for life, hopefully drive it daily, and keep it well maintained).

All my research points to Larry Bastanza for NY, sent an email, but presume this is way below his threshold for immediate attention.
Any other recommendations (for shops in NY) or offers to help do a mechanical/frame inspection/provide a knowledgable second opinon.
(I have way too much adrenaline to think straight and make a logical judgement).

Appreciate any assistance.
Larry is the only one to have check it out properly!!!

Larry is the man and your best bet. Recently Larry worked on my car for the first time and it was a great experience. Highly recommended! Shoot him a PM

Where is "near verrazano" - brooklyn or staten island? Do you have the VIN - Larry may have already worked on the car. I left Larry a vm just now. You can PM me the vin/seller's info and I can run it by him as well (this way you don't have to post it and worry about someone else moving on your possible deal).

We also have the best body guy (as in car bodies - Joe's body could use a little work.......) in the person of Joe Lomoriello at Vince's Auto Body in Poughkeepsie. I would doubt that anyone in the country has repaired more NSXs in terms of bodywork.

http://www.vincesautobodyworks.com/

Last edited:
Thanks all. In true fashion Larry lived up to his reputation and reached out promptly.
Appreciate the help. This NSX has a lot of red flags on it. Will keep this post updated as we proceed.

It's a Honda and I'm sure Larry can make it perfect so pull the plug, spring is near.

Staten Island and brooklyn can be very tough on any car let alone an exotic....be extra careful..

Back