• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need aspirator fan, center dash panel

My aspirator fan has started making noise. Jim at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City hoped it would be fixed by blowing out the debris from it (if you search the forums for "aspirator" you will see that was just the right thing to try), but even after doing so it still buzzes. So I guess I need a new one. Does anyone have one for sale, perhaps from a crashed NSX? Only totally quiet ones, please.

Also, while that center metal-finish panel is off to get to it, I think I will choose to replace it as it has some small ripples in it around the shifter. Does anyone have one of those for sale, in perfect exterior cosmetic condition?

Both parts are quite expensive to get new, even with Niello's discount, which is why I am checking this first.

Thank you,
Chip

calexand said:
My aspirator fan has started making noise. Jim at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City hoped it would be fixed by blowing out the debris from it (if you search the forums for "aspirator" you will see that was just the right thing to try), but even after doing so it still buzzes. So I guess I need a new one. Does anyone have one for sale, perhaps from a crashed NSX? Only totally quiet ones, please.

Also, while that center metal-finish panel is off to get to it, I think I will choose to replace it as it has some small ripples in it around the shifter. Does anyone have one of those for sale, in perfect exterior cosmetic condition?

Both parts are quite expensive to get new, even with Niello's discount, which is why I am checking this first.

Thank you,
Chip

there are two small screws on the aspirator fan. All you need to do is take it apart and clean out any dirt you have on it and grease the fan's metal contact points. I went through the same issues as you. Blowing it didn't work, but the cleaning and greasing did it.

I have a center console in nearly perfect condition. It came out of a '94 that I bought with 28K miles. What would you pay for a center console with no ripples in great conditoin?

stevenlee said:
I have a center console in nearly perfect condition. It came out of a '94 that I bought with 28K miles. What would you pay for a center console with no ripples in great conditoin?

Would you please tell me why you say "nearly perfect"? What imperfection(s) does it have, please?

Chip

The center console is in grreat shape. It looks new except for the very top where the A/C vents fit over the center console. That area has small scuffs/scratches from where the A/c vents touched the center console. Everything else looks new.

I'm asking $299 for the center console.

Back