• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Body Shop Recommendation

Hi Everyone

Some One Decided To Hurt My Car. They Keyed My Passenger Door. The Scratch Is About 3 Ft Long. Some Places Are All The Way To The Primer. Some Parts Of It Arent That Deep. I Need To Know If Anyone Recommends A Body Shop In The Bay Area. One Shop Quoted Me $900.00 That Seems To Be Really High. Any Ideas, Suggestions, Or Refernces Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks.

There are quite a few body shops in the area, one that I and others have used in San Mateo is:

Costelli and Pardini at (650) 571-7001.

They are quite good and experienced with the NSX.

Others are:

Autobahn Body & Paint
778 Yuba Dr
Mountain View CA 94041
650/966-1840

Bodystyle

524 E Brokaw Rd
San Jose CA 95112.
(408) 436-1616.

Good luck,

And why are you capitalizing every word?

I'll second the recommendation for Costelli & Pardini. I just had a bunch of work done there, and now the car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom in 1994. Honestly, it's better than I expected. Their professionalism and honesty are very welcome as well.

Tell them Ken and Bob sent ya' :biggrin:

Sorry to hear that Brandee - some people's envy is just pathetic to do something like that.
I've had some work done locally at Quality Autocraft on Bernal - their painter Robert is really good. Ask for Claudia if you run over there on lunch hour - at least they're just down way a little.
(Down Santa Rita , Left on Valley which then becomes Bernal past the Stanley intersection - you'll see it on your right at the top of the hill after you pass the McD's)
An excellent reference would be for Brooks Brothers (near Oakland Airport) - their estimate will likely run a bit higher, as would I expect C & P referenced below might also.

Sorry to hear also. Hope you the best of luck finding a good body shop to do the work.

I've seen people TYPE IN ALL CAPS before, but never in LEADING CAPS. Your fingers must get really tired. :D

I have to throw my vote to Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland on Bigge Avenue just south of 98th. Daniel Kim is a great guy, they have worked on most of my cars, including my NSX. If it isn't perfect it doesn't roll out the door. Can't praise them enough. 9829 Bigge Street, Oakland, CA 94603, 510.632.8901.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I didn't like Bodystyle at all (if this was the guy who owned it named "Cecil"). They have worked on my previous car in the past, and I was dissapointed in their work. Whoever the guy that worked on my car did a crappy job after several months. The paint job was off at a certain day of lighting. I brought it back and he said it was the best matching he could have done. They used some black foam under the rear tail that started melting after a year.

That's just from my personal experience.

ChopsJazz said:
There are quite a few body shops in the area, one that I and others have used in San Mateo is:

Costelli and Pardini at (650) 571-7001.

They are quite good and experienced with the NSX.

Others are:

Autobahn Body & Paint
778 Yuba Dr
Mountain View CA 94041
650/966-1840

Bodystyle

524 E Brokaw Rd
San Jose CA 95112.
(408) 436-1616.

Good luck,

And why are you capitalizing every word?

Was Jim at California Shine able to give you any recommendations? As I said before, I am so sorry to hear about what happened. I've seen the work that Ken had done on his car, and it is top quality. I hope it all works out.

I just dropped my car off at "the works" in santa clara. I've heard nothing but good things about the shop, but i'll be shure to post when I get my car back.

Back