• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need double DIN suggestions

Guys, having trouble with an iPhone 8 and an older double DIN Kenwood using Bluetooth, AND have a disintegrating center console so tackling it all head on. Need recommendations for a higher end 2 or 3 year old quality double DIN that I can pick up for a song with pre-outs, "modern" Bluetooth, backup camera for Gaugeart with manual override (so I can force it on while still hearing music), CD player, Pandora app desirable. Suggestions?.

Thx!

Member sduff@composites was selling his alpine double din, not 100% on the features. Hit him up, maybe it'll fit your needs.

Thx for this

Haha I just replied to your email... but yes my double din is sold along with the console for that. I just purchased an alpine 107 which has wireless CarPlay. I’ll be installing it when I have time and when I get this other console done with mine.

There are so many brands of double din head units are available in the market but I think Pioneer AVH-X490BS is one of the best options. It has gained high popularity as one of the best double din head unit. With the AppRadio it is possible to have an out of the ordinary control over the compatible Android and iPhone apps on the screen of the radio.

Following are the features of this product :

1. Sound quality :
With the aid of the product, you can find amazing sound quality features such as 13- band graphic equalizer, time alignment, inbuilt auto EQ etc

2. USB direct control :
With the aid of USB direct control, it is possible to have direct connectivity to the iPhone or iPod for playing of the music with the optional CD-IU51 interface cable for the 30 pin devices.

In case you are searching for a premium quality of double din head unit, go for it.

I've used 5 different Double DINs in my various car projects.

By far the Pioneer with capacitive touch screens (like a smart device) is the best IMHO.

Reason being is that Radio reception is the best.

And most importantly Pioneer (coupled with their microphone) does a VERY good job with setting auto EQ based on each car's unique interior acoustics

I have the AVEC 8400 now

Where were you guys weeks ago!?!?!? LOL

I ended up with an AVH-144NEX last week. Seems OK so far. I was restricted to 6.2" display, long story. Downside is no Android Auto. Need to play with MyApp I guess

Sold my old amp though for $300 on eBay, replaceed with a small Excelon for $150

Back