• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need drivers side interior plastic door handle

I decided to take the car out today for the first time in a month and when I went to open the door to step out of the car, the handle broke :mad: Opening the car door from the outside is just ghetto.

Perhaps someone local has one laying around that I can buy off you before I source it outside of town?

door-handle.jpg

There are numerous threads concerning this issue. Do a search. Here is one clue:

Depends which part broke - there is a repair for the bottom lever extension available from Science of Speed; if it's the top section extension or the handle itself, you are hosed - there is no repair part available.
The handle assembly comes as complete assembly from Honda/Acura & not broken into piece parts.
Your alternatives are to find used from someone who has done this upgrade .

Wow that sucks man.

I recently came across a mint set of door handles for very little and snatched them up because mine were a little scuffed. I didn't know these things are prone to break and when I put my old set up for sale the drivers side got sold within minutes. I still have the passenger side :(

Do I have to take out the inserts and panels to see which one I need? :confused:

As you can see in the pic, it's the bottom part of the plastic that broke

I just took a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPo59c2kE64

Yes, you have to take out the handle to determine what broke inside to see if you can use the SOS fix, or whether you need the entire handle assembly. It is really easy to do. Do a Prime search "DIY remove interior door handle", which will show several different threads giving llustrations/instructions. If you determine that you can fix using the SOS fix-it, I have one for the driver's side which I bought from them that I no longer need, because I had to replace the entire handle assembly. Send me a PM for a good deal.

Back