• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Expert Exhaust System info

Hello Everyone-
I need some Expert Exhaust System info...

I would like to remove my stock exhaust system after the cats and also remove the muffler. I want to increase the circumference of the pipes and then have them made as straight as possible OR have them dump towards the ground and not exit the rear of the car, if that would make a lower sound?

My Goal...
To obtain a lower & louder sound. I do not want to have a high-pitch sound<...I hope that such outcome can be prevented.)
Also hope to obtain a 'little' extra Horsepower.

My questions...
Will this setup Burn-up the Valves or Damage Anything in the Engine?
Will the change in Back-Pressure Hurt the Engine & Performance?
Can freeing up restrictions in the exhaust system help performance?

I realize many are scratching their heads at this strange endeavor...i was as well when i realized how much an aftermarket system would cost. I know a muffler shop that will do this for free, so i figured if it won't hurt anything, why not?! So, will it hurt anything besides our ears?

Thanks for your time & help

Last edited:
No mufflers? :eek: Yes it would be cheap but VERY loud.. I doubt you can stand it also the law enforcement would be all over you.

Most would go with a Flowmaster crossflow muffler as a cheap alternative to Pre-Fab NSX exhaust.

My questions...
Will this setup Burn-up the Valves or Damage Anything in the Engine?

With cat in place it shouldnt cause engine damage.

Will the change in Back-Pressure Hurt the Engine & Performance?

You will get a slight dip in the low end torque but mid and high will improve.

Can freeing up restrictions in the exhaust system help performance?

Same as question #2

Last edited:
Thanks for the help fkong777

I will be going with the Flowmaster Crossflow muffler. I hope that setup will achieve a significantly Lower & Louder sound.

Back