• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need for aftermarket LSD?

I was wondering if any of our tech gurus can shed some lite on our stock LSD and if there is a benefit to the track crowd (with NA motors,)with an aftermarket,suposed stronger,unit.Dali now offers a kazz LSD and King has a mugen but at mugen $!Does the stocker wear out over time?

I currently have an ATS LSD. it's great for spirited driving (transforms cornering as it lets you use acceleration to turn under steer into over steer), but terrible for street driving as it has a very annoying stutter on low speed turns. I'm going to keep mine for a while to get a feel for it but plan to find a better alternative, even if that means going back to OEM if it's the only non-stutter option.

Thank you I have been waiting for over 16 years for a reply.....http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif btw I never did go aftermarket but I had my 96 redone to the higher rate

I had an OS Giken LSD on my car for some time but hated the noise it made when going around tight corners.
In the end it was replaced with the NA1 NSX R version that works fine but ... it will not fully lock coming out of hairpins at racing speeds with my turbo power.

I had an OS Giken LSD on my car for some time but hated the noise it made when going around tight corners.
In the end it was replaced with the NA1 NSX R version that works fine but ... it will not fully lock coming out of hairpins at racing speeds with my turbo power.

Thanks for the response. It sounds like the NSX R LSD might be a good compromise. What WHP are you at?

It's pretty common knowledge now that OSG's are WAAAAAAY too aggressive out of the box. Once you deactivate some clutches and tune them a bit, they are very streetable and fantastic:

https://motoiq.com/project-nsx-part-2-tuning-a-limited-slip-differential/

Back