• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need help, bay area

about to purchase an nsx. just wanted to see if anybody knew any local shops that specialize in modded nsx's? also, any good resources for aftermarket parts who are local. thanks.

about to purchase an nsx. just wanted to see if anybody knew any local shops that specialize in modded nsx's? also, any good resources for aftermarket parts who are local. thanks.

What part of the bay are you in?

You can do a search in the NW region and find all the shops that work on NSX's.

The number one shop that comes to mind is Driving Ambition in Sacramento.

What after market parts are you referring too? eg. Wheels, suspension, engine????

Be specific if you want help from the community!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't even start modding this car until you know what it is capable of in OEM fashion. Since you dont even own one yet and want to mod it already? Just leave it in OEM trim for awhile and learn how to drive the car in its current form then if you feel the need or urge for more then start to mod it. Thats what I have done with most of my cars.

Honestly, I wouldn't even start modding this car until you know what it is capable of in OEM fashion. Since you dont even own one yet and want to mod it already? Just leave it in OEM trim for awhile and learn how to drive the car in its current form then if you feel the need or urge for more then start to mod it. Thats what I have done with most of my cars.

This is great advise!! Establish a point of reference before changing things. There's always a trade off as you alter the original design.
Understanding those trade offs will help you choose your appropriate mods for style or intended driving experience.

thanks guys. just want to start with the regular mods such as wheels and bodykit then maybe start tinkering with the engine. dont want to do anything that crazy but you never know. im from the east bay my M3 goes to valley motorwerks(rancho cordova) for anything. aside from driving ambitions, any other places u can recommend? thanks again :smile:

Rancho Cordova is in the East Bay?????? Isn't that about 30 minutes from Sacramento? As far as shops up ther, sorry I can not help. Good luck and seriously consider getting to know the car before you start modding it. I am personally not a big fan of body kits. They seem to be more common on Civics, etc.

thanks guys. just want to start with the regular mods such as wheels and bodykit then maybe start tinkering with the engine. dont want to do anything that crazy but you never know. im from the east bay my M3 goes to valley motorwerks(rancho cordova) for anything. aside from driving ambitions, any other places u can recommend? thanks again :smile:

I haven'y heard of a body kit that goes on without much tweaking by the body shop...sounds like an expensive proposition.

I've ordered my wheels from SOS. They are very familiar with what sizes work for the NSX.

Member RP-Motorsports also sells wheels.

thanks guys for the input. what i meant about rancho cordova is that i live in the east bay but only bring my car to that particular shop, i dont have any qualms of driving far as long as i know my baby is being taken care off

These are the steps that you should take when getting a new NSX. With the right TLC you'll see why the NSX is deemed a super car.

Get an alignment. Most cars start driving like crap and then owner sells it. Try Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley...ask for Brandon.

Get some decent tires. I put some Toyo Proxy 4's on mine and for the street and mountains they are very good. I never thought I'd like Toyo but I am very impressed.

Lastly I only take my car to Don at Hilltop Auto in Daly City. There is a reason why when you go there, that place is loaded with NSX's. Not really a great location but your dealing with NSX's Certified mechanics. I had my car towed from my house in Tracy over there just to get it serviced. They are that good.

Back