• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help finding your dream NSX? I can help!

Just a heads up everyone..

I spoke to the husband /owner of the car. He informed me a few months ago the catalytic converter caught on fire while driving. Fire department was nearby and put the fire out shortly thereafter.

Car is at an Acura dealer getting a new rear tire, rear bumper / valence, catalytic converter, engine cover. Who knows what else, or what else they may have missed replacing. Had oil changes done a jiffy lube, and still on original WP/TB. I stopped asking after this point :eek:

I called on this one before seeing your post above. Though I am seeking GPW, the idea of buying a low mileage black '04 from a little old lady who used the car only to drive to church and the supermarket and always highway miles only of course piqued my curiousity to at least inquire. Plus I've been taking my Vitamin DL lately.

Talked to the wife of the owner. Gut feel impression: she seemed very nice and not scammy, but very admittedly not mechanically inclined. Is the wife of a very busy businessman - she probably created the ad for him and probably unintentionally typo'd the 2004. Car is in Texas, they are currently in S. Dakota on new business (oil industry), so going on memory alone she considers the car to be black with very slight green highlights in the sun (ala Brooklands Green). No VIN handy since the car is far away. Tan interior, manual trans. Probably needs the majors (TB/WP, hoses, etc). Book of receipts with car.

She emailed me two photos I can share with anyone interested. If looking for a green/tan low mileage 94, sure looks clean at least on my iPhone. Seats look rather beautiful, some slight marks maybe on the center armrest, and shifter knob is backwards.

>>

Edit:

blue_myriddn - No problemo!

This counters my gentle "anti" sentiment above regarding spoon-feeding here, so before posting earlier, I searched "NSXs Wanted" thread titles for "green." Only around 10 came up back to 2002 and all were "no green please," which struck me as surprising. So I then PM'd a recent posting seeking a solid NA1 coupe just in case.

The seller I spoke with seemed so transparent and friendly, and the apparent lack of love in the Wanted section actually made me feel a little sorry for this great looking spotted elephant from the island of misfit toys and crooked houses. I'm actually finding myself hoping it finds a good home from a happy Prime member who later posts pictures of it warm & toasty in his garage.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

On a side note, it kind of makes you wonder why sellers don't post their cars on Prime for increased exposure.

Either they don't know about Prime, which is possible

or they expect the general public to pay a higher price than an informed Primer

and because the car is so RARE with the engine part in the middle :rolleyes:

If someone wants a nice 91' with low-ish miles. Here's one. I would buy it, but its a bit higher than i want. (need modding monies)

http://pikespeakacura.com/-Colorado-Springs/For-Sale/Used/Acura/NSX/1991-Sport-Black-Car/11079020/

I talked to them before they jacked up the price. It was originally listed at 27.9k. a few days ago. I called and talked to the Internet manager, (John) and he said he would 'honor' the price. I have a screenshot of the ad, but i have to find it. Maybe he'll honor it to one of you guys.

the car has a wiki! also they told me, it has a comptech clutch, installed at some point. TB/WP done at 60k i think. Comes with those aftermarket wheels and a set of oem wheels. Currently it is being wet sanded and waxed.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/JH4NA1155MT002378

the yellow one on prime imo will be sold in 3 weeks max. great deal if mint condition and all checks out. if its obo and goes for like 47500 or something the new owner should be happy!

Only concern I have with that car is the picture of the oil gauge just hovering above zero?

Anyone in the baltimore area to check out that black/black? LMK would be willing to compensate financially.

I sent the guy an E-Mail last night asking if the car was still available and if I could get copies of the photographs of it, and when the car would be available for inspection. I explained that I was a 4 hour drive away so I'd like to have a date and time definite before I hiked over the mountains to take a look at it. I haven't got a reply and to be honest about I don't expect to.

Back